What if the child rose the temperature? This question is sooner or later, every parent is concerned about the health status of the baby. That's just not all moms and dads know which temperature you can and knock down. So, for example, in newborns and cuttings until the year, the indicator up to 37.5-38 degrees, which for us, adults is considered elevated, is the norm. Child a month - the temperature appeared? Reduce it only if it rises above 38-38.5.
As for more adult karapusov, for them this "threshold" - 39-39.5. In the event that the thermometer shows a smaller temperature, it is not worth a knocking down. Remember that elevated temperature in a child is a great opportunity for the body yourself to overcome the infection. Give the baby the opportunity to increase your immunity!
How to reduce the temperature of the child?
And now let's talk about medicines that must be in your first aid kit in the event that the baby will grow in the family. So, pediatricians are forbidden to use for these drugs such as:
Crook can only be given such drugs, which include paracetamol or ibuprofen. Even if the temperature has a child without symptoms, they need to competently calculate the baby in weight and measure using a special syringe or a measuring spoon. You should not use ordinary teaspoons for these purposes, but about the concept of "peephole" is better forget.
How to bring down the temperature in a child?
Doctors advise only one preparation from the above - with paracetamol or ibuprofen in the composition. In the event that the temperature decreases badly or is not knocked down at all, such medications can be alternating. But to give the baby the combined drug - Ibuklin - it is impossible.
Note that it is not necessary to reduce the temperature to the norm at all. It is enough just to knock her down a little to ensure that the kid at least a little improved. Do not forget and draw the cappos, because in the case of a high temperature increases the loss of liquid. Pediatricians claim that the crumb need to drink 100 ml of water per 1 kg of weight.
What if the baby fell ill with windmill?
Your child picked up a wind oil? Of course, this acute viral disease can also cause high temperature. How to act in this case?
The most important thing is to choose the antipyretic agent for the baby. Never use nurofen. To combat high temperatures during the windmill, drugs are suitable, which contains paracetamol.
How to be if a child has a fever?
Does your baby started a fever? Then it is impossible to slow - you need to urgently contact the doctor. Especially in the event that it is accompanied by:
- tension of the occipital muscles;
- Poles in the stomach;
But you should not fall into a panic: fever is typical for most banal viral respiratory infections and high temperatures - about 40 degrees. Thus, our body is responsible for infection. The pediatrician will simply examine the child and pick up the right treatment for him, taking into account the severity of the disease.
What temperature do you need to shoot down in a child with influenza and ORVI?
High temperature causes a children's body to include a protective function. In this case, a general deterioration may be observed in the form of ailment and headaches. The child becomes sluggish and plaque, which brings a lot of concern to parents. Before bringing down a high temperature in a child, you need to clarify the significant nuances.
A minor increase in temperature indicators does not lead to serious consequences and does not require making any measures. Parents need to have reliable information about what temperature should fall. Wrong actions can cause imminent immunity. The risk of developing possible complications and the disease can acquire a protracted flow.
Cases when need to shoot down the temperature in children:
37.2-37.9 ° C (subfebrile) - you need to knock down a newborn to 2 months of age in the presence of testimony;
38.0-38.9 ° C (febrile) - It is necessary to give antipyretic in all cases;
Over 41.0 ° C (hyperthermic) - you need to call an ambulance if the drugs do not lower the indicators on the thermometer.
It is necessary to cause an emergency in the appearance of feverish spasms - this is the intolerance to high temperature, the individual feature of the children's body. This state is usually not found in children over 6 years (subject to the absence of pathologies from the central nervous system).
Chronic or acute diseases in cardiology, neurology or pulmonary disease require a temperature knocking in children if the indicators are above 38 ° C. Otherwise, complications from the heart, nervous system and respiratory system are not excluded.
If there are difficulties with a decrease in temperature, you should urgently apply for medical care. If the thermometer barely reached 37 ° C, and the child looks sluggish, and his well-being is only worsening, you should not expect further increasing indicators on the thermometer.
How to reduce the temperature at home?
Effective folk ways, how to bring down the temperature without drugs in children:
Cranberry berries drink - a unique coogent, lowering heat. The berry is useful in the content of vitamins, speeds up the removal of decay products.
Chamomile tea is an excellent anti-inflammatory agent. For the preparation of infusion tablespoon, chamomile should pour a glass of boiling water, let it stand for 2 hours, drink up to 5 times a day.
Broth of elderberry - effectively helps reduce the temperature. It is enough to take 50 g of eases and pour it with boiling water (200 ml).
Linden tea - gives an excellent result when used with honey. The child will sweather abundantly, which will reduce body temperature, due to evaporation of excess moisture from the skin.
You can wipe the baby's body with a terry towel, moistened with water temperature. Helps applying ice heating in places of large vessels. Also recommended wrapping into a wet towel or sheet.
Before bringing down the temperature at home to the child with medicines, it is necessary to carefully examine the instructions for use. Classic drugs can be bought in pharmacies, pick up the dosage and shape that needs and select the optimal variant depending on age and indications.
Crook can only be given those preparations that contain paracetamol or ibuprofen. Paracetamol is contained in Panadol and Cefecone, ibuprofen - in Nurofen and Ibufen. For kids, these products are available in the form of a syrup, which, unlike tablets, has a sweet taste, and it is more convenient to dose.
Standard antipyretic drugs:
"Panadol". It is permissible to use for babies. The drug is shown in colds, teething, otitis, cough and other infections. Prescribe children aged 3 months and older in individual dosage.
Effergangan. It is used as an anesthetic and antipyretic agent. Rectal candles can be used to eliminate heat in babies aged 3 months and older. Unlike drugs taken orally, it does not cause vomiting and does not affect the gastrointestinal tract.
"Ibufen". Poses painkillers and antipyretic properties. In childhood, this drug is used in a dosage calculated depending on the weight and age of the child.
"Paracetamol". Effective antipyretic and painful agent. It can be alternating with ibuprofen. If you are presented, you can use suppositories (candles).
"Cefecon D". Produced in the form of suppositories, recommended for use from 3 months to 12 years. Important advantages of the drug are its low cost and versatility. In addition to reducing the temperature, an anti-inflammatory and painkillers have an anti-inflammatory effect.
The children's body can react to different medications in different ways, so it should be experimenting in practice, determining a more effective means based on the Pediatrician Recommendation.
When taking drugs, a number of rules should be observed:
1. It is impossible to give several drugs at the same time.
2. Preparations can be alternating, but the interval between drug intake should be 2-3 hours.
3. Dosing syrups is recommended by a measurable spoon or a syringe that are included.
4. If a child is sick 1 year and younger, then it is recommended to use suppositories. Older children easily take pills and capsules. Without the recommendation of the doctor, antipyretic drugs can be prescribed to children no longer than 3 days in a row and no more than 4 times a day.
5. Parents should understand that high body temperature is just a symptom indicating a specific disease. The reception of the antipyretic funds is not treatment, it is only necessary to facilitate the condition of the child before the arrival of the doctor.
What can not be given to children?
Reduce the temperature to the child is not difficult - today there are many drugs that shoot a fever in a short time. But it is pre-consult with a qualified pediatrician, because Self-medication can affect the health of the baby.
If the indicators do not exceed 38.5 ° C, it is not worth the temperature, because The body independently produces antibodies that contribute to the destruction of viruses - so to say it is struggling with infection.
Medicines that are not recommended for children:
amidopin, antipirine and fenacetin (many side effects);
acetylsalicylic acid (reduce the amount of platelets, causing bleeding, allergic reactions, etc.);
Analgin and other preparations containing sodium metamizole as an active substance (there are side effects, such as suppression of blood formation, severe allergic reactions, etc.).
These drugs are not recommended to use without the recommendations of the doctor. When you need to shoot down the temperature, give preference to another drug.
Do I need to shoot down the child's temperature to 36.6?
If after using the antipyretic, the indicators have decreased by 0.5 ° C for an hour, which means the normal course of the process. Should not be achieved immediately reach 36.6 ° C. This can cause serious overload of the children's body, which is fraught with a deterioration of general well-being.
The ideal indicator will be the temperature of 37-37.5 degrees. After some time, a jump can be observed again. This is due to the fact that the active component of the medication is excreted from the body and ceases to effect. If after receiving the drug passed several hours, you can give the child another dose. It is very important to observe the time intervals between the techniques and monitor the temperature indicators.
In case of effective struggle of immunity with pathogenic microbes and, with a competent approach to treatment, recovery, as a rule, is 3-5 days.
How to help the body of a child deal with infection?
Regardless of compliance with the recommendations on what temperature to shoot down in children, it is necessary to take care of creating the necessary conditions for the patient. All family members should improve the quality of personal hygiene: wash hands, wear disposable gauze bandages, etc. You also need to highlight the child individual cutlery and dishes.
Recommendations for speedy recovery:
1. The sick child must comply with bed regime.
2. It is necessary to air the room in which the baby is located (the influenza virus and other microorganisms are concentrated in the fox air).
3. You should take care of the humidification of the air (while the mucous membranes of the nose and the larynx do not dry; it improves local immunity and contributes to improved well-being).
4. It is necessary to provide abundant drinking (through the kidneys are derived from the decay of viruses, which reduces the burden on the body).
5. Clothes in the kid should be light, better from natural fabrics.
6. It is considered a normal lack of appetite in the kid. Spices, citrus, dairy products should be avoided, which can cause irritation of the gastric mucosa. Hot bath at high temperatures is not the most pleasant feeling, but cool (not cold) water can help normalize indicators.
7. It is recommended to use a bath together with antipyretic agents, not instead of them. Some relief can also be obtained by attaching a cool compress to the forehead.
When do you need to quickly consult a doctor?
During fever, breathing is surrounded, the child arises oxygen starvation. Excessive sweating deprives the organism of the required amount of fluid. As a result, blood becomes curly, which disrupts the blood supply to the internal organs. In addition, the effectiveness of drugs is reduced by drying the mucous membranes.
The behavior of the child is changing, the mood is worsening. Children with nervous disorders or under 6 years of age are threatened with feverish convulsions. With a sharp increase in the temperature, there is an overheating of the body, accompanied by the development of hyperthermia syndrome.
Contact the specialist is necessary in the following cases:
On the thermometer, the mark exceeds 39-39.5 ° C;
Temperate child under the age of 3 months;
Fever keeps more than 4 days;
On the body, the patient appeared rash;
> there is a strong headache;
There appears stiffness of the muscles of the neck;
There is nausea, vomiting or diarrhea.
High temperature is dangerous for the child's body. The result of the absence of proper measures may be a violation of the immune system and blood flow, as well as the change in blood coagulation indicators. Hypertermia threatens the development of nervous system disorders, violation of the functions of all internal organs. Therefore, when the heat appears, a small child must immediately take action.
With increasing temperature in the child, write to the reception to a pediatrician having a large practical experience in the clinic "Child". A competent specialist will examine the patient and, if necessary, prescribe a survey to determine the true cause of temperature increase.
The doctor also tells how to reduce the temperature of the child without harm to health. We offer to use the Pediatrician online advice service if there is no possibility to appear in the clinic.
The temperature rise is a natural mechanism in the human body.
Whether it is a common heat or local hyperthermia, such a state indicates infection or inflammatory process with which leukocytes are currently actively struggling.
But no matter how natural is high temperature, it delivers significant inconvenience to man, depriving performance and even causing physical torments. Moreover, in some situations, the high temperature (above 40-40.5 ° C) may pose a threat to life, so everyone needs to know how to shoot down heat.
Remember the news: Comfortable sleep in the heat: 17 tips as cool
What to do to reduce high temperature
In medical practice, it is not taken to shoot down heat below 38-38.5 ° C (depends on individual well-being), since before this temperature, the body can cope with the infection on its own. But with higher numbers, it will be necessary for your help.
The first and main rule at temperatures - a lot of drinks. The more you drink fluids, the more often the urination occurs, and it means that toxins are faster. In addition, during the heat, the patient actively sweats and loses moisture from the body, and it is impossible to admit dehydration.
Washes and compresses
To reduce the temperature, wipe the body with a towel dipped in cool water (you can add vinegar), or apply it in the form of a compress to the most "heat exchange" zones: forehead, bottom of the head and neck, armpits, wrists, palms and feet. As the compression heats it, it must be changed. Do not forget to constantly fill the water balance in the body.
Zigade Novina: Vchenі Domelіdili, Yaka Robot Springє Zbilnery Trivosti Life
Any temperature rise is a sign of illness.
You can also accelerate the removal of toxins by means of catholic folk agents: tea with leaf leaves or raspberries. Keep in mind that teas "with the taste of raspberries" bought in the usual food store, such a healing effect do not have.
It is known that vitamin C contributes to improving immunity, which, more than ever, appropriate in the treatment of ARVI. If the heat is caused by the cold, enter in the diet of citrus, black currants, raspberry, sea buckthorn, cherry, rosehip.
For fans of such a form of treatment, you can recommend the enema with the chamomile decoction. Of course, the procedure for an amateur, but it is quick and guaranteed to derive a large number of toxins.
Modern medicine refuses Aspirin and Analgin as antipyretic and recommends the various drugs of ibuprofen. You can also use soluble antihimptomatic powders, but remember: the removal of symptoms is not the treatment of the disease!
Use the advice: if in the apartment of winter: how to achieve recalculation for heating
What can not be done at high temperature
- Do not bunch in 20 blankets! The fact that during the fever should be carefully spent - truth, but wrapped in a warm "cocoon" you do not give the heat to go out and he is even stronger than your body.
- Do not put mustard pieces! The reason is the same, plus if the mustard pants reap - you can earn a burn.
- Under the ban also warm compresses, hot baths, steam rooms, etc.
- Refuse products activating blood circulation, type of coffee and alcohol.
- No need to heat and moisturize the air in the room. This contributes to a more rapid breeding of bacteria and can only worsen the state. Better regularly ventilate the room, but avoid drafts.
It is important to understand that any increase in temperature is a sign of a disease with which the body is being struggled with all their mights. Therefore, if it is not a heat from the obvious ARVI, be sure to consult the therapist.
Tabloid: for the anniversary of the independence of Ukraine: how our country will look like in 26 years
When a thermometer shows for 37 - this is a reason to alert. But to panic and immediately reach the pills for nothing. Coolly tell how to defeat the heat.
How to understand that I have a heat?
To begin with, remember that the body temperature varies depending on the floor, age, the time of day, eaten, drunk, the measurement site and the kind of thermometer. For example, in the elderly, it is usually lower than that of young. And under the arm - on a whole degree less than in the rectum (1).
If averaged, the approximate limits of the norm - from 36.5 ° C to 37.2 ° C. But this is not the main thing.
Typically, the growing temperature is accompanied by unpleasant symptoms - weakness, illness, headache, or other inexplicable discomfort in the body. If you feel sick, but the thermometer shows only a minor deviation from the norm, wait an hour or two and dim out again.
True, what is best to measure mercury degrees?
No. The mercury thermometer is familiar and more accurately electronic. But if he suddenly breaks, you can poison toxic couples in mercury. You should not panic from this at the sight of your old thermometer, but it is better to replace it with a safer analogue. Moreover, it will soon have to do so: in 2014, Russia signed the Minamat Convention on Mercury and pledged to refuse 2020 including from the sale of mercury hydraulic devices. How to replace them?
Glass migratory thermometer It looks just like mercury, but safer and is not inferior to him with accuracy (2). Inside, instead of a toxic element, a metal alloy that does not harm a person if the thermometer breaks down.
Digital Thermometer It has a greater error compared to glass, but it cannot be broken. Measure the temperature them is better under the tongue or in the back pass. And do not rush: experts advise waiting a couple of minutes after the sound signal.
Infrared thermometers Measure the temperature in the ears or on the forehead. The advantage is that they have several seconds for it, so such thermometers often buy for children. Disadvantage - not the highest accuracy (3).
I have exactly the heat. What could it be?
Specific situations when the temperature rises, a lot. Here are the most common:
- You woke up with a small sore throat, which gradually grew up. After some time, a runny nose was connected, and in the evening the temperature was slightly rose. Most likely it cold .
- You got a head of my head, the lubrications in the muscles and joints appeared, the temperature sharply jumped. Your condition began to deteriorate rapidly. You probably picked up flu .
- Yesterday you made vaccinations, and you have a low temperature for two days. If there are no other symptoms of the disease, this is the normal response of the body on Vaccine .
- Strong sore throat, which keeps longer than three to five days, swelling almonds and high temperature - signs Angina .
- If you have gotten the flu and the temperature first slept, and in a couple of days I returned, and all this is accompanied by pain in the chest, wheezing, shortness of breath - it can be pneumonia .
- High temperatures combined with pain in the ear - there is a chance that you have otitis .
- Fever is accompanied by vomiting and / or diarrhea without signs of ARVI - Certificate Intestinal infection .
- slightly elevated temperature, which keeps for a long time without any other symptoms, can talk about chronic inflammation or infection (for example, tuberculosis), hormonal disorders, and also neoplasms .
- Women's temperature can rise slightly after ovulation .
Whatever it was, I first grant for pills, right?
No. In general, the millennium doctors observed patients with temperatures, but still did not come to an unequivocal opinion (4) whether it is always necessary to shoot it down with medication.
It is believed that the high temperature helps the body to cope with the infection: in the heat of harmful microbes even worse than we.
Therefore, if the thermometer shows less than 38 ° C in the armpit, and you are not very bad - the antipyretic drink is not needed.
Well, tea is something hot need to drink?! And wrapped in the blanket!
Here are some simple recommendations that will help easier to move temperature (5):
- Drink more water or herbal tea. But no more than 3 liters per day and not hot. Hot drinks burn mucous and additionally heated the body - this is at a temperature of anything.
- Take a warm (not hot!) Bath. The water temperature should be slightly lower than the body temperature, it will help slightly reduce fever.
- Wave wet towel. Put a cool wet towel on the forehead and refresh it every 10-15 minutes.
- Do not kill. At a temperature produced excess heat, and he needs to go somewhere. If you turn into a hundred clothes, it will create a "greenhouse effect" (for the body it is also harmful as for the planet). It is better to put clothes from light fabrics. And if znobit, cover the thin blanket.
- Carry the room so that it is not too stuffy.
And if I feel bad, the better to shoot down?
If you are hard to transfer any temperature change - it is not necessary to wait 38.1 ° C: drink paracetamol, ibuprofen or naproxen.
But a familiar to everyone since childhood, aspirin doctors recommend taking, only if there are no other drugs at hand. This is an effective, but not the safest medicine: it dilutes blood, which can lead to internal bleeding.
Especially dangerously taking aspirin on the background of flu. This virus in itself increases the permeability of the vessels, and if you add the dangling blood to the effect of acetylsalicylic acid, then the risk of bleeding will grow even stronger. Also aspirin is contraindicated by people with ulcers of the stomach and asthmatics.
Recommended adult dosages:
Paracetamol 500 mg / 3-4 times a day / maximum daily dose 4 g
Ibuprofen 200-400 mg / every 4-6 hours / Maximum daily dose of 1200 mg.
Naproxen 500-750 mg / 2 times a day / Maximum daily dose 1.75
Aspirin 0.5-1 g / 1 time at 4 o'clock / maximum daily dose - 3 g
You can only drink aspirin for adults. In children, he can cause a dangerous Syndrome of Reya - the cause of hepatic insufficiency, encephalopathy and death.
When to call a doctor?
Temperature - alarming beacon, but does not always require immediate medical participation. If there are no other symptoms or they are weakly expressed - most likely, the doctor will advise you to rest and watch well-mind. Therefore, in the first three days you can not panic and lie down at home. If for this you strictly need sick leave, you will have to go to the doctor on the first day.
If the temperature continues to rise persistently, and you do not understand what is the reason, call a doctor to the house or at least consult with it remotely.
You can observe
- Fell in the nose and sings the throat, the temperature holds less than three days, but in general you feel good.
- The temperature keeps 1-3 days, but nothing bothers you anymore.
- You poisoned, know exactly what (and this is something harmless like yesterday's Olivier), the temperature is small, you broke out and has become easier.
It's time to call
- The temperature keeps longer than three days or rose again in a couple of days after the end of the disease.
- During the week, the temperature regularly rises to 38 ° C.
- Together with the temperature you have sharp throat, ear and strong cough.
- You poisoned, you have the temperature and signs of dehydration: dry mouth, weakness, dizziness.
- A rash appeared on any skin site.
- The urine has changed the color, in urination feel pain.
"Pay attention to the skin. At temperatures, it usually blues. If she is pale - this is an unfavorable symptom, such a state is called "pale hyperthermia". Then, as a rule, doctors prescribe not only the antipyretic, but also a spasmolitic. If the high temperature fails to bring down the house or if complications appear - hospitalization may be required. "
And when to call to the ambulance?
Call an ambulance if on the background of temperature (6):
- You do not sweat, dry skin and very hot to the touch,
- You barely breathe, and the chest squeezes pain,
- Do not stop vomiting or diarrhea,
- sowed the neck,
- there was a red rash, similar to hemorrhage under the skin,
- High stomach hurts
- Highly hurts or swells any part of the body,
- the body drives convulsions,
- Cuts eyes when looking at the light,
- You notice any nonypical symptoms that seem dangerous.
- You accepted the antipyretic, and it did not affect.
one. If you feel normally, the temperature below 38 ° C tablets can not be shot down.
2. If the fever gives torment - accept paracetamol, ibuprofen or naproxen, whatever showing a thermometer.
3. If the temperature holds 3 days or is immediately accompanied by other alarming symptoms, call a doctor.
four. If, at any temperature, you have convulsions, vomiting or diarrhea, there is no sweat, breathing difficult, the neck muscles sick or a consciousness impeded - call an ambulance.
five. If you have a mercury thermometer, replace it on the migratory, electronic or infrared.
Author: Daria Shipicheva.
This article was published on the site "Just ask."
- Fever: First AID.
GalinsTan Thermometer Is More Accurate Than Digital For The Measurement of Body Temperature in Children.
Infrared Ear Thermometry Compared WITH RECTAL THERMOMETRY IN CHILDREN: A SYSTEMATIC REVIEW.
FEVER: Suppress or Let IT Ride?
Fever: First Aid
Vital Signs (Body Temperature, Pulse Rate, Respiration Rate, Blood Pressure).
High temperature in adult: how to safely reduce the temperature, and what should not do - 0_35480700_1514702088_5a48850856a80.jpg
Минаматская конвенция о ртути.
Как правильно пользоваться электронными градусниками.
Fever treatment: Quick guide to treating a fever.
When plenty is too much: water intoxication in a patient with a simple urinary tract infection.
Choosing the Best Fever Reducer.
Reye's Syndrome: Why Aspirin and Children Don't Mix.