Regular cleaning of the ears in cats and small kittens belongs to mandatory hygienic and preventive measures. On time, the manipulations on the provision of hearing hygiene warned the emergence of various aurous diseases and allow you to preserve a good rumor in domestic pets throughout life.
Why dirt appears in the ears of the cat
The separation of sulfur in the auditory canal is a completely natural process. Elevated serov formation serves as a protective response of a feline body from entering the middle ear of dust and dirt. Little kittens that are with the mother, the ears cleans and licks the cat herself. Adult pets cope with themselves, but sometimes they cannot do this independently and need help their owner.
Little kitten cleans the ears mom cat
In some cases, for example, when the animal loves to climb in dusty and dirty places (on the mezzanine, under the cabinets, etc.), dust particles are adhere to adhesive in the ears. If it is not removed in time, the dirt accumulates and can become a nutrient medium for the development of various viruses, bacteria and fungal infection. The inflammatory process significantly reduces immunity, therefore the cat's body is not able to fully protect against the penetration of the microscopic parasite - the ear tick.
Healthy cat cleans her ears herself
A healthy cat has a sulfur stuff bright brownish.
The number of contaminants is directly related to the size and form of the abnormal shells at the cat, the activity of the severity of the severity of the sulfur, as well as on the nature and behavior of the pet. A moving animal that strives to climb into each slot, is more suspended with dirt in the ears. How fast sinks are dirty, is largely determined by the breed signs of the pet. Some breeds of cats are distinguished by enhanced sulfur production due to the individual characteristics of metabolic processes in their organism. Feline rocks with large sizes of ear-sinks (Breakhound Rex, Abstine Cat, etc.,) and those who have very little wool inside the ears (Sphinx, Peterbold, etc.) are more often subject to various issues with ears.
Some breeds of cats are stiguous
Dense sulfur tubes often lead to a decrease in hearing and even deafness. Of non-discontinued violations in the work of the vestibular apparatus caused by the pressure of the resulting seal on the auditory passage, and then on the middle ear.
The frequency of cleaning the ears
A healthy pet does not need constant cleaning of the ears, it is usually done only in the event of such a need. The prophylactic visual inspection is recommended at least once every 10-14 days. Clean the ears of the pet from the accumulated mud just once a month.
It is necessary to regularly inspect the ears of the cat
Cats of breeds susceptible to the increased sediment of the sulfur, view much more often. It all depends on the specific physiological features of the pet. Some animals require cleaning of ear shells every 2-3 days.
Sphinx ears need to clean much more often
Clean the ears cat yourself at home
It is believed that without the urgent need to carry out hygienic cleansing activities, since these manipulations may damage the gentle skin and disrupt the natural microflora in the ear.
Too often a healthy cat ears do not clean
The following factors are indicated to carry out the cleaning of the ears:
- Elevated serov formation. This is an individual feature of the animal. Own sinks are cleaned when they are contaminated.
- The presence of the disease (Otitis, the detectation, etc.). Processing is carried out daily.
- Preparation for exhibition events. At the exhibitions cats should look flawlessly.
- Excessive amount of wool inside the ears. The fur is interfere with the normal air exchange in the ear shell, therefore the risk of the appearance and development of pathogenic microflora increases. Sometimes it even has to be removed from the inside of extra hairs.
- After bathing. It is necessary to remove moisture residues from the ears to avoid the development of otitis.
After bathing, the cat is sure to clean the ears to remove moisture residues
Ears cleaning devices
All necessary devices and materials for conducting hygienic measures should be prepared in advance. When cleaning the ears, animals experience certain discomfort, so the time of the procedure must be reduced if possible.
It is necessary to prepare cotton sticks in advance and disks for cleaning the ears
The following items should be prepared by the following:
- Cotton buds. Apply only finished products manufactured by the factory method. Homemade fixtures that are obtained by winding a cotton layer on a thin wand or match, it is better not to use. The poorly pinned cotton swab can jump from the sticks and stay in the pit of a pet, which is dangerous to the development of the inflammatory process. The safest is the cotton wands that are intended for children. These products are equipped with a limiter, therefore the risk of traumatization is minimized.
- Cotton discs. Used to clean the inner side of the ears of the sink from dust particles and various contaminants.
- Specialized gel or solution for the processing of ear-sinks in animals. Such funds are sold in veterinary pharmacies: Earschatik, Bars, Otifri, Otoklya, etc. Good alternative will be special hygienic disinfectants wet wipes. They are intended specifically for the ears. If there was nothing from the above, it is not possible to take advantage of any remedies (hydrogen peroxide, chlorhexidine, a weak solution of boric acid, etc.). In the most extreme case, sulfate sulfur sediments with a slight warm vegetable oil is allowed.
- Good bright flashlight. For better visual inspection.
- Towel, sheet or bedspread. Some animals have to be fixed to protect against injury (bites, scratches) during the cleansing procedure.
There are specialized tools for cleaning ears in animals.
Favorite delicacy, which you need to encourage the cat at the end of the procedure unpleasant for it.
For quick cleaning, you can use wet wipes to clean the ears in cats
Preparing a cat psychologically to clean the ears
Most cats do not like when they climb into their ears, because this procedure is unpleasant and sometimes even a little painful. What at an earlier age to start teaching the kitten to prophylactic examinations, the less negative it will react to similar manipulations. Experienced cats advise to inspect the ears from the cat every day since childhood, to give her the opportunity to get used to and do not resist.
Cat must be psychologically prepared for the cleaning of the ears
An animal needs to be put on her knees, to put, scratch for the ear and talk to a gentle calm voice. You can give a pet to sniff the cooked inventory. If the cat will not feel the threat, she will quickly calm down. Then you can proceed to manipulations.
How to clean the cat's ears and kitten at home
The process of cleaning the ears includes the following sequential steps:
- Non-bait or overwhelmed pets need to be fixed with a towel or sheets. The fabric turns over limbs and torso, outside the head remains outside.
The plump and fast cat must be fixed with a towel
- The ear shell very carefully turn outward. Lighting the flashlight, carefully examine the inner part of the ear. If the skin is clean, smooth, and brilliant, as well as there are no contamination, then there is no need for the hygiene measures.
First turn out the outdoor sink
- Discovered small contaminants can be removed dry tampon to once again not irritate the skin.
Nest pollution cleaned with a dry cotton swab
- If contaminated areas turned out to be quite significant, then the dirt particles are removed using a tampon impregnated with a disinfectant solution. All movements should be made in the direction from the inside to the outside, in order to prevent the sulfur pushing inside the auditory passage. As you need, cotton discs change.
Strong pollution are removed with a cotton disk, moistened with a special composition.
- Then more carefully and thoroughly treated with cotton wands the entire surface inside the shell. Looking into a disinfecting composition, carefully and gently wipe the internal folds and bends. You do not need to try to clean the auditory canal, these actions can be accidentally injured by the eardrum. Sticks as pollution periodically change. The cleaning is finished only when the rolling on the tool used will be clean.
Gently clean all the bends with a cotton waller dipped in a special cleansing agent
- If sulfur plugs are found during inspection, then they are swollen using special ear droplets that are injected with dispenser or pipette. After the solution of the solution, the cat's ear is slightly massaged at the very base, so liquid is better distributed within the cavity.
For softening of ear plugs, the agent injected into the ears
- At the end of the manipulation, pryoma should be praised and be sure to treat it with delicious delicacy.
Upon completion of manipulations, you must definitely treat the cat with your favorite delicacy
From personal experience. When our cat was small, it very easily tolerated the procedure for inspection and cleaning the auricles. She was disturbed not by the manipulation of ears themselves, but the fact that she was forced to sit still. I had to initially do it together. But gradually the kitty is used to and now it is not even necessary to wrap in a towel. She just sits smartest and waiting.
For small kittens with hygienic manipulations, a special careful approach is needed. It is recommended to teach them to this kind of procedures from 2-3 months. Breeders with great experience advise for washing to use saline or special care products. It is forbidden to apply vinegar, soap solution and alcohol-containing liquids.
Kittens need to teach to clean the ears from the earliest childhood
During the entire process of cleaning, you need to talk with an animal with a mild and calm voice, periodically stroking and calming down.
Small kitten brushing ears need especially neat
First, they simply bury the baby in the ear of 4-5 drops of the drug, then a little massage at the base and eat another 5-6 drops, but slightly deeper. A few minutes later, they start directly to clean, using cotton swab and chopsticks. All subsequent actions do not differ from manipulations with adult animals.
The most frequent ears problems
With visual inspection of the aurous shells in cats, you can find several diseases. The symptoms that are peculiar to them differ.
Most often, cats are sick with an eloquence (ear scabies) caused by ear tick. This parasite lives in a rumor passage and feed on epithelial cells. It is impossible to consider it unarmed eye due to microscopic sizes, but the traces of its livelihoods are clearly visible.
The abnormal glance is impossible to see the unarmed look
The symptoms of the disease are as follows:
- The cat behaves restlessly, often shakes his head and rubs her about furniture;
- furiously scratch the hind legs of the ears, sometimes scratching them to blood;
- The ears smell unpleasant;
- Inside the ear, you can see the dark brown crumbly raids and crusts.
In advanced cases, the hearing can worsen.
Most often the cat is amazed by the ear tick
To obtain a consultation, contact the veterinary clinic. The specialist will add the necessary drug for the treatment of this disease. It is necessary every day to thoroughly rinse the cat's ears thoroughly using specialized care products (Bars, etc.). The solution can slightly pinch the skin, so the pet will need to hold firmly, wrapped into the fabric. After cleaning, as deep as possible, the drops discharged by a drip veterinarian. So that the cat does not wind after that head, you need to press him ears and so hold for a few minutes. Otherwise, the animal simply shakes the medicine outwards.
When infected with the abnormal tick, it is recommended to use specialized drugs.
From personal experience. The previous cat we picked up on the street in an extremely dirty and running state. When it was laundered and dried, it turned out that in the ears full of dark raids. Although he was not wild, but the washing procedure was transferred with great difficulty. With the tick we fought for a very long time, the degree of lesion was high. At the same time, the cat constantly twitched and shake his head, sometimes hitting it about the floor and furniture. Scratched the skin in the ears to the blood. Then throughout the lifetime had to periodically pour therapeutic drugs. I'll forget a little bit, the tick immediately detects again.
The inflammatory process in the outer hearing aisle caused by bacteria or yeast is called otitis.
The disease is expressed by the following signs:
- from the ear, purulent discharge with an unpleasant smell;
- An animal is worried and periodically shakes his head;
- On the mucosa of the ear, redness and edema is observed;
- The cat presses and scratches the ears, while it is very complaints with meow (it can be seen that he experiences pain).
When otitis the cat behaves uneasily
In the presence of these symptoms, you need to urgently contact the vetclinic to obtain qualified treatment.
With the outer otitis from the ear, the pus
By self-treatment with any form otitis at the cat to engage in strictly contraindicated. The inflammatory process can move to the inner ear, and from there already on the brain shell. It is extremely dangerous.
If the cat is too intensely shakes his head or furiously scratches the ears, the blood vessels burst and the hematomas are formed. They are multiple minor brown spots of curved blood between the cartilage of the sink and the skin. Such an animal behavior can be a consequence of infection with fleas or abnormal ticks, and can also be caused by infection (otitis) or allergies.
HEMATOMA on the ear of the cat does not require special treatment
Special treatment of hematoma is not required, it is necessary to deal with the main problem.
Cats that have no melanin (albinos), bald animals, as well as individuals with white ears are susceptible to sunburn burns. Own sink will first blush, then wool falls along the edge, the skin is thickened and strongly itches. Due to multiple combs, the likelihood of infectious diseases appears. Untreated dermatitis can lead to the development of oncological diseases.
Sunny dermatitis are more susceptible white cats
PlateLock carcalete cancer
Cats sometimes show a malignant skin tumor (carcinoma). Such a neoplasm is usually a consequence of the effects of excessive sunlight. It may affect various sections of the skin, but it appears on the ears more often. It is manifested in the form of long non-coming red spots, seals, wool loss and slowly healing ulcers.
White cats sometimes detect flat-belling cancer
Under the influence of extreme cold, ear tissues are destroyed. First, the skin is bleaching, then blushes, and later drawn and flakes.
From personal experience. When we bought our home, we got into the inheritance got a striped cat. Despite the frost over -40 ° C, he constantly walked on the street. I only came home to eat. The cat had almost no ears, there were only small hemps on the place of the sinks. His old hostess was the old woman and the treatment of the pet did not do at all. The wounds were just done and shoved.
From strong cold ears may suffer
With any suspicious symptoms, you need to seek advice to the veterinarian. Only he can assign competent treatment and help avoid serious impacts for pet health.
Cleaning the ears in the vetlik
In any veterinary clinic, professional cleaning of the ears is included in the list of major services provided. It is desirable for holding this procedure for the first time to seek help to the vet, which will explain in detail the technology, will show everything clearly and give the necessary recommendations. . Then you can produce all manipulations yourself.
In the veterinary clinic you can professionally clean the ears of the cat
Owners of expensive elite animals, which require more frequent and thorough cleaning (lop, sphinxes, etc.) Veterinarians advise approximately once a month to contact the veterinary clinic for cleaning the ears.
There are special lotions for cleaning the ears. If a different way is not listed in the instructions: Put a few droplets on the sink, add up to in half, to massate, then moistened with a cotton disk to wipe the sink. If the ears are strongly launched (dirt not only on the sink, but also deeper) - then with a cotton wand. And it is better (more convenient) tweezers (nonostile), wrapped wool (it is not bend). If the ticks are, instead of a lotion, the hydrogen peroxide can be drunk (better than a slightly diluted with water), it foams in the ear. Massage. Clear ear with a wand and a cotton disk. Then drip drops from ticks.
We simply stupidly hard peelly and drove the peroxide, picking up in the ears themselves exactly should not be done, it should be done by a veterinarian, a special tool, it can be damaged by a membrane after all can be fused at any time control over the animal there is no way ... in fact. And to sleep for such a procedure, still the stupidity of any anesthesia or sleeping pills strongly gives the heart of any animal, maybe not concentrate.
If it is simply superficially, i.e. sulfur or dirt, then there is nothing terrible in it, just swaddling, and dry your cotton ball in vegetable oil, and it's better to buy a special gel gel gel, but wipe them ears inside, but about minutes through five ten, very carefully clean the folds in your ear with a cotton wand, the main thing is deeply not climb, because you can damage it very simple, but if something fell, or the tick suddenly got up, then at home, it is better not to contact it right away Veterinarian, they are easily getting rid of the melting and foreign bodies, as special expathers are used.
In my school years I had a kitten with ear tongs. This infection will be very fast and is very difficult to bring it. And he choking the ears to the holes. Constantly shaking your head and flew from the ears almost bricks .......... He took out half a year. I got into your ear almost to the brains. And he endured, calmly transferred this torture T k felt that then it becomes easier. Scrubbed clean, processed protivokleschnym solution, and after 2-3 days again inside of the ear is not visible - one black ......... On my way to the end and did not lead ... And he contagious. He herself was treated because the kitten slept with me. ......
It is better to clean together. One on the hands holds, it is possible without a towel. And ear chopsticks for children. Pts. Good to remedy Otheferonol from ticks and inflammation. Rather right now, clean the kitten 3 months. The first time I wanted to break out, and on the third only the eyes of the unfortunate makes all such an unfortunate. Just say, all right. And immediately cheerful is the sinner. Otheferonol, the doctor wrote out, do everything in the instructions.
Sphinx, no need to clean deep ears with cats with chopsticks in general, nor healthy, neither more animal with otitis. Usually, in this case, the signs of inflammation become even more pronounced (the surface of the auditory pass is injured during picking). For the causes of otitis, it is necessary to figure it out - maybe there is an ear tick, bacterial or fungal infection, or something else. Depending on the cause - choose the treatment preparation for processing. Checking the ears is necessary, but neat wash / softening (ask the branch at the reception to show how to do it ... Although some are still cleaning with chopsticks). PS And deeply brush the ears with chopsticks when otitis - it is also very painful.
We take the drops of Barce (in retipetecs are sold), cotton wands, blanket (towel, scarf, etc.). The cat's swellets, so as not to break out, make a cotton wand with a drop and gently spend the folds from the depths of the outstand. After each folding wand change! Only in the ear deeply do not go, the problems then the cat will be with hearing
Video - how to clean the ears of the cat yourself
Adhering to the recommendations, clean the ears of the pet will not be much difficulty. For this, you will not need to seek help to the veterinarian. It is important to teach kids from childhood itself and carry out a cleaning procedure regularly. Roast hygienic manipulations will serve excellent prevention of infectious diseases, and also help keep the cat good health and excellent rumors.
Ears are a weak point of the cat, so they need to be maintained clean. Each owner should know how to clean the ears of the cat. Human hygiene is necessary for the prevention of otitis, detects, preventing the hematoma.
Why dirt appears in the ears of the cat
If the cat is healthy, ear sulfur has a yellowish or slightly brown shade. It is highlighted quite a bit to protect against penetration of fungi, bacteria and insects.
The process of formation of sulfur individual and depends on many factors: living conditions, nutrition, breed accessories. In some representatives of feline ears are polluted, others require cleaning every six months.
In a healthy cat, the ear should not be rapidly polluted. If after cleaning after 3-4 days it is formed, there is a selection, an unpleasant smell is a reason to refer to the veterinarian.
In the case of discovery of dark, black clutches, dirt should be taken to take action - this is the first sign of the detectation - the ear tick. In this case, the tax can be in the form of flakes or similar to ground coffee. The presence in the auditory passage of liquid secretions of any color speaks of the beginning otitis.
In healthy cats, ears are self-cleaning. The sulfur is released on the surface when chewing. Plus, the animal itself removes its surplus with a paw during washing, winding his head. But some cats have a lot of selection, and the owner must help the pet.
To understand when the time came to clean the ears of the cat, you need to periodically inspect. It is better to do this with good lighting. It is so easier to determine the type of climb and the state of the ears. Animals walking on the street inspect daily to reveal a foreign body in a timely manner.
On average, the cleaning of the ears of the cat is required 1-2 times a month, some cats for no more than 2 times a year. Therefore, how often to carry out a hygienic procedure, determine strictly individually and as dirty. Too frequent cleaning is unsafe, since with gray, its protective properties disappear.
Care for exhibition cats is more careful. Cleaning is carried out on a regular basis. It is impossible to win with dirty ears.
Cats with hanging ears and without wool cleaning the ears is carried out more often. It is believed that the sink in the Fold cats because of its structure is not self-pricked, and the animals are more often susceptible to the abnormalities.
The cats of peccorcold, Canadian and Don Sphinx, the sinks are large and not covered with wool, so they collect dust and dirt. Sulfur is needed as a means of protection from bacteria. Therefore, the sphinxes are produced more. The ears of bald cats clean 1 time per week.
In the treatment of detects, the purification of the auditory pass is carried out before each use of droplets. If this is not done, ticks can hide in sediments and the medicine does not penetrate them. Therefore, treatment is not effective.
How to clean the ears of the cat
Technique how to clean the ears of the cat at home for the purpose of prevention:
- Cat to put on his knees. If it resists, lock with a towel, leaving only your head free. It is important to calm the cat, talk to him in a tender voice.
- Gently deploy an ear shell. From this cat will not experience discomfort, he does not hurt.
- It is completely difficult to remove dry dirt. To treat the ear shell and the passage use a special spray, softening sulfur. Lotion must be chosen neutral without medicinal substances. It can be cleaned with vaseline or olive oil, saline. The most budget option is warm boiled water. Often it is impossible to apply water, because Can spoil the skin.
- Catal disk (better without shifting edge) Mocked and finger neatly enter into the ear.
- A disc without pressure to spend on the inside of the ear shell. For each ear, a separate disk is used to accidentally do not disseminate the infection.
- If the surface is wet, rub a dry tampon or a towel.
In the ear there are hard-to-reach places - folds, from where sulfur and dirt are removed with a cotton wand, also moistened in solution.
However, the veterinarian is not recommended to clean the auditory passage with a cotton wand at home. Couple catfish is bent. A risk is a risk - push the contents of the channel deep into the channel and damage the eardrum. If it is decided yet to use cotton wands, you need to act neat. All movements should be directed outward.
Cleaning with severe pollution
If a large sulfur accumulation is discovered during inspection, washing with drops and sprays is carried out. The tool penetrates well in the auditory passage and softens sulfur tubes. You can safely bury 5-10 drops and to massage the foundation of the ear.
Pet is better not to produce 2-3 minutes so that the fluid is accurately distributed in the auditory channel. Then you can allow the cat to outtit it out with softening sediments. After that, it is enough to wipe with a cotton disk, moistened in the same means, the inner surface of the sink.
It is necessary to rinse until the ears are completely clean.
Than to clean the ears
To care for ears, various means are produced: cleaning wipes, cotton wands with impregnation, sprays, lotions, drops.
It is important to choose the tool. Only hygienic preparations without medicinal supplements are suitable for care for healthy animals.
Selection options (drops, lotions):
- Beafar (Beaphar Ear-Cleaner);
- Clinies (Cliny);
- Pro-sense Ear Cleanser Liquid;
- Excel Ear Cleansing Liquid);
- Espiri (Espree Ear Care);
- Zoogigenic lotion for ears from VEDA;
- Otifri (Otifree);
- Top vet pecopherol;
- Epi-OTIC (EPI-OTIC);
Means that can not be used
Without appointing a doctor, the following means cannot be applied:
- hydrogen peroxide;
- alcohol solution of boric acid;
- alcohol and soap solutions;
- any preparations with drying or irritant action;
- drops, ointments, sprays with therapeutic effect, especially containing antimicrobial substances;
- Antiparasitic drugs.
These means can provoke a burn, cause the epidermis drying, enhance the production of sulfur and the formation of traffic jams.
When teaching cleaning
Animals teach to hygienic procedures since childhood. With a kitten you need to talk, caress. And after giving a snack for good behavior. Even if you clean the ears of the kitten need not, the procedure makes sense to mimic once a week. For pet, she should become common. Later, the reaction to such an unpleasant lesson will be more adequate.
What can I do
With self-cleaning, the ears of the cat at home can not do the following:
- Try to penetrate as much as possible in the auditory canal.
- Apply folk remedies due to the risk of developing allergies and damage to the epidermis of the auditory passage.
- Clean independently in the presence of redness, purulent discharge, unpleasant odor.
- Try to achieve perfect cleanliness and clean often. I need sulfur.
- Apply as a cleaning agent therapeutic ear drops.
When you need to veterinarian
If the cat's behavior has changed, and there are at least one of the following signs, you need a doctor assistance:
- Pet is not allowed to take up the ear due to painful sensations.
- In the auditory pass appeared atypical allocations.
- Dark crusts on the inside of the shell.
- The cat shakes his head or holds the head of the side, rubs the ears about the objects or the floor, presses to the head, scratch their paws.
- The hearing aid is a malware smell.
It is equally important to undergo prophylactic inspections. Cereal sick ears are more difficult than to give a little time to care for pets.
Cleaning the ears of cats among domestic pet owners is quite a few disputes. Some consider this procedure optional, others spend almost every day.
In fact, most cats do not need frequent cleaning of the ears. It is enough to regularly examine them in order to detect the first signs of the disease and once a month wipe the special lotion. However, during this procedure, certain rules must be observed to not harm your pet health.
Features of the structure of the auricle animal shell
The ear in a cat, as in humans, consists of 3 departments:
- Outdoor: funnel-shaped ear sink, from the inside covered with a small amount of isgery, and outside - wool, and an outer hearing pass.
- Medium: Includes a drumpoint and bone drum cavity, where 3 hearing bones are located. They play one of the leading roles in the perception of sound.
- Internal: hollow bone education in the temporal bone, the most difficult department. It contains receptor channels of hearing and the vestibular apparatus.
In people, the auditory canal is straight and short, the cats can be bent and goes a little at an angle. Because of the ignorance of this feature, during cleaning, you can create a sulfur plug, which will burst the passage.
Cat ear can capture fluctuations from 20 to 100,000 Hz. Using the muscles and the cartilage, the ears turns into different directions, which makes it possible to accurately determine the sound source. All this makes animals with excellent hunters.
The formation of sulfur in the ears and its role in the ear canal
The formation of sulfur is not pathology, but a natural process. The ear secret performs several important functions:
- lubricates and moisturizes the skin in a rumor passage;
- Provides protection from bacteria and fungi;
- Prevents dust, hair and skin particles, insects.
All rubbish penetrating the eye, thanks sulfur comes and comes out naturally. Cat looks like remnants during washing.
If the generation of sulfur is broken, pathogenic bacteria easily fall into the ear, which is why animals develop:
- Otomycosis (fungal infection) and other diseases.
In healthy animals on the consistency, the ear sulfur reminds the paste, has a light brown shade and practically does not smell. Changes in color, thickness or the appearance of unpleasant odor indicate the beginning of the disease.
Whether the cleaning of the ears of the cat is needed
Cats contained at home do not need to be regularly cleaning the ears, such as dogs. Yes, and earliest diseases are relatively less like other animal species.
In the normal state of the sulfur stands out in a small amount. If the cat's ears often clean, the secret begins to be produced stronger. And this leads to emerging traffic jams and other problems. To support the ear in a healthy state, it is enough to periodically clean the inner part of the auricle and the beginning of the auditory pass.
Exceptions are cats with a small amount of wool (bald). In such animals, pollution occurs faster, so they need regular cleaning. Rare hairs inside the ear cannot provide protection against dust and dirt, and the body compensates for this enhanced sulfur production.
This feature is characteristic of the following breeds:
Rekx, Maine Coon, Savannan, Somali, Oriental and Abyssinian cats, large ears, in which dust will also quickly accumulate. It is recommended to clean up for about once a week. However, due to individual characteristics, some representatives of these breeds can remain clean for a long time.
Excessive sulfur accumulation leads to the reproduction of bacteria and fungi. The cat is weakened by immunity, it loses the ability to resist parasitic diseases, often amazed by an ear tick.
Fold cats can not rinse their ears independently due to the features of the structure of the ears. Therefore, their owner should process them approximately 1 time in 2 weeks. It is also not desirable to overly often to clean your ears. After all, without a natural secret, various diseases are developing more often.
If a pet has too many sulfur and dirt in your ears, and they quickly accumulate after cleaning, you should show the animal to the veterinarian.
Perhaps the cat has some kind of illness. The specialist will appoint the appropriate drugs. In this case, the purification of the auric shell performs only a concomitant procedure. And the treatment is sent to eliminate the cause.
When you need to clean the ears of the cat
The cleaning of the ears is conventionally divided into 2 types:
Preventive cleaning of the inner surface of the ear shell from sulfur and dust is carried out about once a month. Exact terms depend on the breed, the level of activity, diet and individual characteristics of the animal.
Therapeutic cleaning is carried out before processing from a tick, the use of antibiotics and antifungal drugs. That is, if special drops or washing are assigned to the animal, then you first need to clean the ears with saline or lotion.
The procedure is repeated with each making drugs. This is due to the fact that parasites and pathogenic bacteria produce multiple products. And they interfere with the effective effects of drugs. Cleaning is carried out in accordance with the prescriptions of the veterinarian until complete recovery.
Than you can do a hygienic procedure
To clean the ears of the cat at home, we need a cleansing lotion on aquatic or oil basis. It effectively dissolves sulfur sediments and dirt, does not cause allergic reactions.
It is preferable to use oil cleaning agents on an oil basis. They act softer and are less irritated to the skin.
There are lotions with regenerative, bactericidal, anti-inflammatory, antiparasitic properties. To pick up a brand for a particular pet, it is better to refer to the veterinarian. It will recommend a means corresponding to the needs and individual features of the cat.
Important. The lotion should not be antibiotics and alcohol. These substances destroy useful microorganisms that protect the cat's ears from pathogenic bacteria.
The following ears cleaning agents have proven well:
- Bars - has anti-inflammatory, analgesic and anti-edematous properties.
- Euracon Pharma Otoklya - removes dead skin particles, softens sulfur and moisturizes the ear shell. Recommended for cats prone to otitis.
- Vetoquinol otifri - effectively removes sulfur and dirt, eliminates itching, improves microflora.
- VEDA - contains vegetable extracts, has antiseptic, healing and anti-inflammatory properties.
You cannot use iodine, cologne, hydrogen peroxide, soap solutions and other liquids to clean. They can burn gentle skin and contribute to strengthening the discharge of the second secretion. Various powders or powders are also not recommended. Mixing with gray, they lead to the formation of traffic jams.
Clean the ears of the cat with the help of cotton disks or sterile bandage. Cotton wands or matches with watts wound on them are not suitable. The point is not that the long subject will protrude the eardrum - he just will not get to it. But the risk is great to sue sulfur in the plug, and it is already injured by the membrall.
There are also cases when the rolling swashed from the sticks and remained in the auditory pass. Extract it most often can only be surgically. Therefore, cotton wands are used if only the upper part of the auricle needs in cleaning.
Cats are involved in hygienic procedures from early childhood. Kitten is preferably periodically taking into arms and touch the ears. Then you can examine them carefully.
When the baby begins to calmly perceive all manipulations, go to the procedure itself.
For your information. Kittens can be clever ears starting from 8 weeks.
Clean the ears kitten need the same as an adult cat. Veterinarians recommend developing the right approach to rehanging:
- Select a point where the cat is relaxed, does not sleep, does not play, does not eat and does not lick.
- Place your knees or any solid surface. Pustove and calm down.
- Lock the cat's head. In ear sink, drip about 0.5 ml lotion. The fluid must be warm. If it was in the refrigerator, you should first leave it for a while in the room.
- Carefully, without strong pressure, massage your ear at the base of 30-60 seconds so that the liquid is evenly distributed. If you do everything right, characteristic squid will be heard.
- Release the cat. She will start shaking his head, trying to get rid of strange sensations in the ears.
- After that, take a pet on your arms, a cotton disc or bandage dry your ear from the inside, simultaneously removing sulfur and dirt. No need to climb too deep. A great risk to cause pain and injure the cat in the process of cleaning.
- It is important that there is no moisture inside. Subsequently, the fluid will not be able to evaporate from a winding auditory passage and will lead to the development of inflammation, since it serves as a nutrient medium for bacteria.
After the procedure, the cat is poured and treated with your beloved delicacy. If the animal is only taking care of hygiene, cleaning can be broken down into 2 stages: first treat one ear, after a while - the other.
Cleaning the ears does not deliver discomfort pets. However, many of them do not like interventions in their lives. In the process of cleaning with a cat, we are affectionately talking and soothing so that it is not nervous and in the future calmly relate to such manipulations. If the pet breaks down despite the persuasion, you can block it in a terry towel or put a fixing overalls.
Important. Breeds such as Elf and Dvalf require particularly neat ears while cleaning. They have weak cartilage that are easy to injure.
While the animal does not learn to endure cleaning, it is better to ask someone about help. One person will keep a pet, and the other is to carry out treatment.
The owner must keep calm, even if the cat is meowing and tries to escape. Creams or physical impact only will exacerbate the situation. Then the pet will be any way to try to avoid cleaning.
For your information. If the ear is very dirty, it is first washed with warm salvory, so that the dirt softened, and then clean.
Inspection of ears
Careful examination once a week helps to identify the disease and eliminate it at an early stage. In the normal state, the ears should be warm, clean and slightly oily to the touch.
If the cat independently walks on the street, it is desirable to inspect her ears daily. It may injure them in a fight with other four-legged or tag tick. It is not excluded to enter the foreign object.
For inspection, it is enough to beat the ear shell and look inside. You can use a flashlight so that the most secluded corners are visible.
What symptoms should alert the owner
The following signs are indicated about the start of the disease or inflammatory process in the cat's ear.
- Redness of the skin;
- local temperature increase;
- tumor and narrowing of the auditory channel;
- darkening or clarification of sulfur;
- bloody issues;
- unpleasant specific smell;
- squating sounds when pressing the ear;
- overweight sulfur;
- cluster of liquid or pus;
- worsening hearing.
The disease indicates changes in behavior. When the cat is discomfort, she shakes her head or bends her one way. If you touch the ear, the pet will take it down and will try to escape. An animal often itchs that only enhances the discomfort.
Sometimes small black splasions are found in sulfur. Most likely, it's just dirt. But if after cleaning the skin, small inflamed areas become visible, you should contact the veterinarian.
Almost black sulfur and bloody divorces talk about the presence of a tick. Colorless or milk sellomes may indicate a lack of any microelements and starting hypovitaminosis.
Too dry ear, sulfur, peeling white flakes - symptoms of lack of fats or dermatitis. Transparent discharge from ears, nose and eyes are signs of an allergic reaction.
The smell of fish appears in the ears during staphylococcus, and rotten meat - with the suppuration. In any case, a veterinarian consultation is necessary. Only a specialist will be able to correctly determine the cause of pathology and assign appropriate treatment.
Clean the ears of the cat at home is quite simple, if you have certain knowledge and skills. It is important to regularly inspect the ear shells to notice the brewing problem in time.
There are 2 opposite opinions about the need to maintain in the purity of the auditory apparatus in animals. As a rule, even the opponents of daily care agree to the fact that the health of the pet needs to be maintained, periodically conducting simple manipulations. Let's try to figure out what, and most importantly, how to clean the ears of the cat at home, without harm to health.
Exterior examination of the patient
Cleaning or washing the ears is an unpleasant procedure for the cat. If a small animal has not taught to trust the owner, usually he:
- turns out the face;
- Peta is trying to push the man's hand;
- scratched, or even bites.
To clean your ears, a cat sitting on the floor, a chair or a look at the back of himself, calmly talk, stroking her head. Then the animal on the back is fixed with one hand, and the second stroke the ear between large and index fingers, carefully pulling away the ear shell towards the head. Due to this, the bending of the entry into the outer hearing canal is reduced.
Tip: When the inspection of the ears will have for a wild adult cat, it is better to drink the animal by the sedative tea.
Some problems with the ears of the cat are visible to the naked eye. So, with ear scabies (detectosis), the cat shakes his head and scratches the ears with his paws:
- Exudate follows from the ear;
- The surface of the ear canal is covered with crusts;
- The hairs near the ear whipped;
- Hematoma can be formated outside and from the inside.
If the cat stayed in the cold for a long time, the ear sink can get frostbite: it becomes cold to the touch, the pulse does not face. In severe cases, blisters are formed. The crusts of the exudate and blisters also appear in the burn (contact with hot objects, open fire, hot liquid).
In addition, some sections that are not covered with wool can be seen. It can be a ringless deprived, dermatitis (including demodic), hereditary dermatosis (incontinence of pigment). On the ears of the cat, wounds, ulcers and cuts are possible. In all difficult cases it is worth visiting the vet.
What to clean and rinse cat ears: tools and liquids
Cat ears purify from accumulated dirt and ear sulfur with Tampon, disk or cotton sticks . The soft cleaning surface is wetted by mineral oil, vaseline.
These tools help remove dried lumps without pain. Instead of Vaseline, you can use a little children's cream, a drop of peach or almond oil (purified, cosmetic).
Please note: liquid or fat do not have to drip from the wool - abundant wetting for nothing.
Wash auditory sink distilled water, physically in cases if you need to clean your ear and foreign substances. At home for this use Circle of Esmar, Big Syringe Without a 20 ml needle, big bottle bottles. Structure of water should not fall into the ear canal, so the animal's head is slightly tilted.
A match with a wound wool is not recommended:
- Hard - any incorrect movement can cause pain.
- Short - work uncomfortable.
After cleaning the bold ears, the ears are wiped with a dry rut, absorbing the remnants of the cleaning agent. If radical measures were made - deep rinsing, the final stage you need to gently flush the surface absorbent water with a napkin, a soft towel.
How to clean the ears of the cat at home
To clean the ears of the kitten from dirt, as a rule, is enough wipe . Ear sulfur in large quantities has not yet allocated. The hygienic procedure is performed in the following order:
- The back of the kitten is held with one hand and slightly pressed, forcing me to lie.
- Laskovo talk and praise for the perfection.
- Carefully turn the ear shell.
- Clean the surface of the disk.
- Again praise pet and give delicacy.
If the cat is accustomed to such manipulations as cleaning the teeth or a veterinary inspection, clean the ears at home will not be difficult.
- Pet laid on belly or side.
- Forests are slightly turned and pulling out the ear.
- A cotton swab or a wand wipe the inner surface movement from the inside out.
To rinse Cat ears can use warm sleeping tea, chamomile decoction. The inner cavity is fat to the touch - you should not wipe the skin with soap solution.
If the animal is aggressive, you can try to rotate the cat in a blanket or towel for the procedure. It is worth understanding that with this approach the owner is provided with extruded cries and howl, as a sign of gratitude from the scratched and binting animal. First try the method below:
- On the left hand (if the owner of the right-hander) is put on a thick mittens (the kitchen-mitten fit),
- On the right hand, wind up with a soft cloth fingers: large and index (in one layer).
- The left palm is put on the withers, slightly fixing your fingers, and wrapped with your fingers, moistened in the oil facility, wipe the ear moving from the inside.
As material for cleaning can serve:
- pure baphist handkerchief;
- Fabric strips from Bosi;
- Bandage and Marley.
Tip: It is better to pre-treat the animal with a soothing decoction of feline mint.
In pet stores and veterans, ready-made solutions, lotions and sprays for cleaning the ears are sold. The composition, except for water, add an aloe, tea tree extract, menthol. The accumulated sulfur and dirt in the auditory passage and the inner part of the auricle becomes soft, easily cleaned with a cotton wand.
Funds from Zooapteci are good for cleaning and additionally to be treated with inflammation, eliminate the unpleasant odor. At the same time, consumption is minimal: To clean, a pair of drops will be required.
What is categorically prohibited
Veterinarians often face the negligence attitude of the owners who want to rinse or wipe their ears of their cat from dirt. Do not repeat other errors, it is strictly prohibited:
- Use for cleaning gentle feline ears alcohol, vodka.
- Ring the dirt or a nagworn sulfur lump of a sharp object.
- Hydrogen peroxide is better not to use: annoying gentle skin cat
- Cleaned with drugs, incl. Chlorhexidine, only for the appointment of a doctor: the cat may be allergic.
- Even if the cat carries swimming, it is forbidden to wash the ears with soapy water.
In order not to make a fatal error, show the pet to the pet veterinary doctor before cleaning and listen to its recommendations. Inspection and consultation is symbolic money.
How often do you need to clean
Everyone must have common sense. Pedantic, but inexperienced owners clean and "polish" the animal, not leaving the limits of the apartment, daily. No need to poke a hygienic tool once again into a sensitive cat's ear. If the cat is healthy, his behavior has not changed, and the external signs of the disease can not be visible - leave it alone.
In the old directories on veterinary medicine there is a recommendation: to clean the ears from the cat once a month (and not "how contaminated"). The right approach today: for a healthy individual, preventive inspection is enough once a week. When detecting suspicious formations, a hearing aid is cleaned.
A feature of some breeds (for example, Sphinxes) is considered a more frequent separation of ear sulfur. A decent breeder when buying a kitten together with documents issues a reminder for care and feeding. In any case, the ears are wiping, without postponing for tomorrow, if notice:
- light brown sulfur highlights;
- Mud strips on the inside.
If they noticed redness or rash in the ears, there was an unpleasant smell, do not rinse the ears of the cat alone. First contact the vet.
Not in every manual for the care and upbringing for a cat is found section "How to properly clean the ears of the cat." This is the simplest manipulation, takes just a few minutes: if you do not hurry, even a teenager will cope.
Do you need to clean the ears of cats
The main argument of opponents of "picking" with a wand: "Animals in the wild clean themselves themselves." Domestic cats also support the purity of wool, regularly wash: the corner of the ears of the paw. This is enough while the body is healthy.
If the owner notices the following signs from his pet:
- It feels an unpleasant odor from the ear (if it is unbearable stench - it's worth alarming);
- The cat is trying to clean the ears of the paw on his own and meow, calling for help;
- Inside the shell got an ear tick;
- There are mechanical damage as a result of a fight;
- Lost and unhealthy view in tandem with the symptoms listed above.
In the data situation, the owner is simply obliged to clear the hearing organs from the mud, because the cat itself will not cope with this ailment.
Refusing to clean the pet auricle, the owner is worth thinking:
- How he will feel like, watching the suffering of the cat when Otitis;
- How to suffer a cat who is not provided for medical care.
Caring for pets The owner does not carry any violence. If the cat resists and does not give clean your ears, you should not despair - there is a lot of tricks and tricks that will help to influence the animal without causing it inconvenience.
Cats ears can be rightfully called it the strongest and at the same time the weakest place. It is well known that feline rumor is much better than human. Thanks to him, cats are able to track mice, even when they do not publish almost sound, to escape from predators, recognizing their approximation in advance. At home, the need for all these qualities disappears, but the load on the ears of pets remains as much significant. The slightest unfamiliar rustle is enough so that the cat woke up in the middle of the night. Such an important body of the hosts are not rarely disregarded, believing that the Pitomian take care of his ears herself and thereby make a serious mistake. About how to clean your ears at home. We will talk further.
How to clean your cat's ears at home
A little about the building of the cat's ear
Cat ear, as well as human consists of three departments:
- Outdoor ear. In the outer ear there are an ear shell, which the owner is just to be inspected for pollution, and an outer hearing pass;
- Middle ear. Its "configuration" includes a drummeal and auditory bones, playing one of the main roles in the perception of sound;
- Inner ear. In the inner ear there is a vestibular apparatus, allowing the cat to calculate its movements, as well as the structures of the nervous system that are responsible for recognizing the incentives that come from the environment and from the body itself.
The structure of a feline ear
Cats ears are often likened with antennas or radars, which perfectly displays their functionality. Our pets are capable of catching even ultrasound frequencies, completely inaccessible to human ears. In addition, the special structure of feline ears allows these animals up to a centimeter to determine the sound source, which is very useful at the time of hunting. It is this feature that allows cats to capture prey from one jump.
Feline ears are much moving human, which allows them to capture the sound faster
The similarity with the antenna is also explained by the ability of the cat to turn their ears depending on the sound source at an angle of up to 180 degrees. Due to the fact that the ears can be rotated not symmetrically and move in different directions, the cat is achieving even greater sound of sound. In order to control the ears, more than 30 muscles are provided in the feline body.
Whether the care of cat ears is needed
As already mentioned, the feline ears can stay untidy even at the most caring owner. It was this body that got less attention, and absolutely unreasonable. The fact is that cats, in nature, very clean animals, do not have the opportunity to care for the ears independently and need help from the outside.
In the absence of care in feline ears, ear plugs are formed, leading to a deterioration of hearing
The accumulation of sulfur in the ear canals is equally and a person and a cat. And if the owner brings his ears a couple of times a week, he should think about what kind of cat, whose ears are barely cleaned. Of course, cats can live all their lives with gradually polluting ears, and not to submit signs of discontent (besides, cats are very stupid on the expression of their physical discomfort).
Cats can do without cleaning the ears, which will, however, harm their health
However, once at times it does not have - much depends on the very form of cat's ear - some ears are less predisposed to inflammation and traffic jams, some more. If you do not want once to face the ears disease at a pet, we advise you to pay attention to the rules of hygiene and start them as soon as possible.
How often does the cat care for the ears?
Regarding the frequency of cleaning the ears of the cat there is no consensus. Some veterinarians advise to perform this procedure almost every day, others are limited to the Council weekly inspect the ears of the pet. Of course, not every owner can afford the daily full inspection of the cat, because the weekly option is likely to seem like most people more acceptable.
The frequency of the procedure for cleaning the ears of the pet determines the owner itself, based on the circumstances
Immirement attention to the ears can also bring discomfort cat. Feline ears are more sensitive to touch, rather than human. Their structure is vulnerable to inaccurative manipulations, and, moreover, to inept ownership of ear chopsticks. Any incorrect or too often performed movement can deliver a cat pain.
In the purification of the ears, as in all other wellness enterprises, it is important to observe the measure
Preventive inspection of ears in cats
The first extracts of the ears are not easy for many cats, often pets are trying to break out, and sometimes even demonstrate fangs to the treacherous owner. In order for such procedures to be easier, it is advisable to teach the kitten to them by the Small. Before you begin an inspection unpleasant to a pet, place it to yourself:
- Play with him in those games that he loves most;
- Treat your favorite dish;
- Sit with your pet on the knees and are committed to a calm tone.
To teach a cat to cleaning the ears, create a persistent association of the procedure with something good
During inspection, it is important to securely fix the pet's head to stop any sharp movements that may end the ear injuries. Particularly active pets at the time of viewing are advised to wrap in a towel to securely secure their torso in a certain position.
Wired pet will lose the ability to exercise active resistance
More detailed instructions on how to complete the recalcitrant pet in the blanket can be read below.
Wrap a cat in a towel
When viewed by the ear shell, a cat in no way attempt to get into the ear as far as possible. Such actions will instantly cause dollate and sharp protective reaction in the Pitomice. In order to diagnose the state of the pet, it is enough to bend ears and look inside - such manipulations will not deliver the cat painful sensations and will be easily transferred easily.
What should pay attention to
In case of inspection, focus on the possible availability of the following signs:
- Accumulations of ear sulfur. Often they have the form of reddish lumps common along the inner surface of the ears of the sink. Remote without any problems with a cotton swab and saline. The abundant accumulation of sulfur ink with purulent discharge may indicate the presence of an ear tick;
Ear sulfur is not dangerous, but may be unpleasant for pet
- Blood selection. As a rule, to notice the blood from the ears of the pet, the inspection is not required, but the selection can be very small. The blood is found during sonication and dermatitis, when the pet begins to intensively comb the affected areas of the skin, thereby traumating it or when opening bubbles with lymph;
- Unpleasant odor. The discovery of an unpleasant odor is a fairly disturbing symptom, since it often testifies to the suppurations or launched malignant formations forming numerous ulcers;
If, when you examine the ears, you felt unpleasant smell, you should pass at the veterinarian
- Tumor. A tumor resembling a solid nodule may be both in a single form and in the multiple - in the form of colonies. The detection of such nodules requires immediate reference to the veterinarian, since it is highly a risk of metastases, threatening animal life;
- Redness of the skin. Inflammation does not allow to designate a certain diagnosis and refers to almost all possible abilities. Such an effect can be given unsuccessful bath procedures, during which the ears of the pet were wounded. Stagnant fluid fraught with inflammation and dangerous diseases;
Redness of the ears is a sign of both frostbite and inflammatory processes
- Dark red crusts. The presence of crusts on the ears of the pet is a characteristic sign of the ear tick, in which cats begin to constantly scratch the ears, as if trying to shake something. In the absence of treatment, the ticks are sneaking through the middle ear to the brain shells, which leads to the seizures and a possible fatal outcome.
Common diseases of the ears in cats
Relying on the information below, you can identify a specific disease with your pet with great confidence, or its absence. However, remember that with home diagnoses should be careful. If the ear sulfur can easily get rid of home, then more serious pathologies require medical intervention.
The diseases of the ears are not always obvious to the owner, but often have dangerous consequences.
In the strict sense of the word, hematoma is not a disease, being the result of external mechanical damage or bruise. As a rule, the hematoma appears on the inner surface of the ear of the animal, less often - on the external one. The damaged ear swells, hangs down and increases slightly in size. When tugging the swelling is significantly warmer than the rest of the ear. In the absence of treatment, the hematoma can be revealed when the cat is trying to comb her and lead to the chance of chance.
When hematoma, the ear dimensions increase significantly
- Pet is constantly shaking his head or holds it at a certain angle;
- Pet actively combs a damaged area;
- Attempts by the owner to examine the ear cause the attacks of aggression in the cat.
If you managed to the vet before, from the moment of the bruise, 48 hours passed, then he imposes a dressing on the ears and applies ice. Also, the pet is prescribed special healing antibacterial ointments. In advanced cases, the hematoma is revealed, and thickening blood is removed. The cavity is washed with novocaine and antibiotics.
The bandage is effective only with timely appeal to the veterinarian
This disease is similar in symptoms and flow with hematoma, but it is completely different with it for reasons for the occurrence and methods of treatment. Lymphoecastravaste implies damage to the lymphatic vessels, as a result of which Lymph and goes beyond their limits.
During lymphscorescape, bubbles with liquid are opened, and the EU cavity is treated with special preparations.
After opening the vessel on the animal's ear sink, a bubble with a transparent shell is found. Its color varies from gently pink (under the skin of the skin inside the ear) to the reddish (due to the mixing of lymph with blood discharge). The bubble should not be confused with inflammation: first, it should not be hot to the touch (maximum - warm); Secondly: the temperature of the animal should not rise.
- Cat is trying to get a paw to the bubble and open it;
- The cat is often intensively about the legs of the owner and other items trying to comb the ear;
- The mood itself is changing: it becomes nervous and irritable, sometimes apathetic and sluggish.
Opening of bubbles with lymph should only be made by a specialist
The liquid from the resulting bubbles is pumped up at mandatory manner using a syringe, opening the bubble at home is strictly prohibited. In the launched cases, surgical operations are carried out, which implies a supersion of the skin and thoroughly removing the residues of lymphs from the cavity.
Necrosis of the ears of the sink
Necrosis is not a specific disease, but the launched stage of many possible pathologies. It appears both as a result of the long squeezing of the ear and due to the opening of the untreated hematomas, lymphosterevastes and abscesses that infect the ears of the pathogenic microflora.
At home to necrosis, any organs reaches very rarely
An opening of inflammation leads to gradual dieting healthy tissues and the formation of a large number of ulcers growing in size. During necrosis, cartilage acquires a black shade due to blood supply disorders. In later stages, the ear is deformed, and the process of rotting is accompanied by a characteristic unpleasant odor. The absence of treatment threatens the progression of necrosis and its propagation on brain tissue, which leads to a death.
Specific symptoms do not have necrosis and depends on the disease, which led to it.
Getting rid of necrosis can only be radical: a partial or complete ear amputation is carried out. In the case of partial amputation, when necrosis did not have time to capture all the ear, only a damaged area is affected.
Launched necrosis of the ears of the sink leads to the need for an amputation of the yard of the pet
These formations do not threaten the pet's life directly, but in the absence of the owner's reaction, they have the embodiment, leading to a partial or complete deaf cat. Such tumors include papillomas and fibromes. They, as a rule, arise due to weakened immunity and are common among the elderly, whose organisms are not capable of defense.
Papillomas may occur both inside the ear and at its foundation.
- The cat shows anxiety, often meows out loud for no reason;
- The cat makes clumsy, non-coordinated movements, previously not peculiar to him;
- The cat leans his head on the side (in the direction of the affected ear).
Papillomas are usually removed by the surgical method. In some cases, pets try to introduce novocaine intravenously or under the base of the wart, which leads to its decrease and even disappearance. Among other things, the pet is prescribed immunostimulants and vitamin complexes that prevent the emergence of new formations. At the time of treatment, papillomas are lubricated by antiseptic ointments.
Benign formations are cut with a scalpel at the request of the owner
Sodkelosis is provoked by a certain type of ticks, which are localized in the ear sink and outer hearing aisle. It is not possible to notice the tick itself, because we can suspect this pathology only on the basis of the consequences of its livelihoods. The detection is transmitted to the pet from infected individuals, which can be not only cats, but also dogs, ferrets, and dogs.
Sodkelosis is easily recognized due to characteristic dark red crusts.
The ears in which ticks settled, quickly turn into crusts and begin to exude an unpleasant smell. Due to the fact that parasites feed on the skin of the animal, the auditory passes are gradually destroyed. Launched diseases involve the breakpatch breakpoint and the aspiration of ticks to the brain. Animals of all ages are exposed to sonication. Read more about Cats can be read on our portal.
- Pet is manifesting and nervousness;
- A pet leans his head and shakes her, trying to get rid of parasites;
- Ear raschers lead to abundant blood discharges and a noticeable non-equipped eye raschers in the field of the base of the ears.
Before holding any measures, the ear is completely cleared, then special preparations (amitrazine, tips, auracan, etc.) are buried into it. Drops for withers (Frontline, Stronghold) are used. At the time of treatment, it is advisable to isolate a pet from other animals in the house, if any. To test the success of treatment, an animal takes a repeated scraping of ear shell.
Amitrazine is produced in the form of ear droplets, which are for a long time to bury the pet
Otitis, as well as necrosis, is a consequence of a number of other untreated diseases, allergies or fungi. The reason for the occurrence of otitis can be an immunodeficiency. Otitis proceeds both in chronic and acute phase. Localizes on all types of ears in the degree of depth (external, average, internal). The further penetrate otitis, the more difficult it is to cure and cope with the consequences.
Chronic Otitis is distributed both among homeless cats and among the home due to their imperceptibility
The most dangerous otitis flowing without pronounced signs. Redness of the Ear skin can be barely noticeable, and other symptoms are often absent, up to a sharp deterioration in the health of the pet. Perforation of the eardrum in such cases becomes a complete surprise for the owners. However, the most dangerous complications of Otitis are meningitis and a possible hearing loss. Touching brain tissues by inflammation can lead to other serious diseases of the GM.
- Pet loses appetite, does not take part in the games and evade communication with the owner;
- In the case of purulent otitis from the ears of the pet periodically, protein allocations indicate the opening of the ulcers;
- Cat ceases to turn the hit ear with sharp sounds;
- Sometimes Otitis is accompanied by paralysis of neighboring muscles - the sick pet can dig eyelo, lip or ear itself;
- The cat combs the ear to blood and is often shaking his head.
Cat's ear inflammation when otitis
The fight against otitis proceeds with the help of antibiotics of a wide range of action or anti-gribic medicines (depending on the disease-provocateur). The veterinarian prescribes a special solution for washing the ears at home.
Preparation for the washing procedure
Before proceeding with the cleaning of the ears of the pet, it is important to stock the corresponding "inventory", which includes:
- Cotton wands or tampons. Please note that homemade sticks in the form of matches with a screwdriver are unacceptable, because they can inflict injury to a gentle pit of a pet;
Cotton wands will reduce the probability of wounding the ears of the pet with an inacker movement
- Cleansing fluid. The role of such a fluid can act as special gels (which are purchased in Zooaktecs) and physical salts (purchased in conventional pharmacies). If the contamination is minor, and the procedure is carried out periodically, it is allowed to use ordinary water that is advisable to boil. The use of hydrogen peroxide and various soap solutions is dangerous for feline ears;
Ears lotion has necessary for sulfur splitting composition
- Towel. The length of the procedure is desirable to fix the pet torso. In addition, after cleaning, you need another towel or march to remove the remains of the fluid from the animal ears.
After the procedure, the ears of the pet must be carefully dried to avoid supercooling
Types of cleaning
Keep in mind that there are different types of cleaning depending on the state of the cat's ears. If you want to Preventive cleansing The owner may well cope at home. If we are talking about Therapeutic washing To remove traces of the tick of the tick, for example, it is necessary to assume the help of a veterinarian and special preparations. Next, we tell us exactly about the prophylactic cleaning of the ears that do not require in-depth knowledge or preparation for it.
Deep cleaning of the ears of a pet with ear traffic jams or any diseases is made only in the vetlik
Clean the ears of the cat - phased instruction
- Put the cat so that it is located sideways to you, and take it on your knees. If necessary, take it for the withers or wrap in a towel;
- Gently remove the ears of the sink and inspect its contents to the presence of dirt, inflammation and crusts;
- In case of detection of heavy sections, take the tampon and plunge it into the chloromexedin solution. Press it out and walk along the inside of the ear, not pressing, and not deepening inside;
Gently move the skin at the base to get into the tampon the surface of the ear shell
- If more sulfur quarrels accumulated in the ears of the pet, dig a saline in the ear canal and massage it so that the fluid flowed inside. After instillation, hold the cat for ten minutes to make sure the solution has achieved its goal;
- If the solution used is in the vial, then lower its tip for two to three millimeters in the ear canal and squeeze the desired number of drops;
- When using cotton sticks, do not try to push them as far as possible. In the inner ear, as a rule, sulfur does not accumulate due to the presence of the eardrum, because there is nothing to clean "at the depth";
- Working with cotton chopsticks, make sure that your movements are directed outside, and not insult, otherwise you only deeper sorrify sulfur, from where it will be more difficult to get it;
Movement performed by a cotton wand must be carried out by strict rules.
- When you make sure that the drops were successfully passed inside, wipe the ears of the animal with a towel and reward it with delicacy for outstanding merit.
Keep in mind that too frequent cleaning the ears of the pet leads to damage to the auricle microflora, which is also fraught with various diseases. The frequency of cleaning depends on the breed and should be discussed with the veterinarian.
By the way! In cats that do not have wool, ear sulfur is produced in more and needs frequent cleaning.
Features of cleaning the ears of the kitten
Many veterinarians argue that the ears of the kitten is still too gentle for massive cotton sticks and tampons. However, clean the miniature ears of a pet from the accumulated secrecy and dirt is still necessary. For such a procedure, physically use saline in the bottle, which smoothly pours into the ears of the pet. First, three or five drops are buried on the inner surface of the ear, after which another six or seven drops in the ear canal are buried.
Cleansing the ears of the kitten should not be accompanied by the use of rigid materials
After instillation, the kitten's ears are massaged during a couple of minutes for better fluid passage. Massaging the ears is necessary at the base - so the physical distribution to host more evenly. At the end of the procedure, lower the kitten and let him sabotage from the ears of the sulfur and secretion. After that, wrap your kitten's ears with a towel to get rid of liquid residues.
Video: Clean the ears of the kitten
Breeds in need of special attention
Finally, I would like to dwell on the rocks whose genetic features awarded their representatives to the specific structure of the ears. Such cats need a special approach and more complex tactics for cleansing of ear-sinks.
Table 1. Cat breeds with ears genetic mutations
|Breed||Features of care|
Scottish Fold Cat
|The famous "folded" scots ears must often be checked for possible pollution and inflammation at least three times a week.|
|A furious cat, which has large, high-ranking ears, a little bent forward, speaking real "dust collectors". In ear sinks of Lekkoev quickly accumulates sulfur in need of cleaning|
|Mutations affected not only the limbs of representatives of rock, but also ears that require neat care that prevents the suppurations and inflammation. Bath procedures Manchets are desirable to pass in caps|
|Widely spaced ears of representatives of rocks are stacked as well as the Scottish Fold Cats, but not so tightly adjacent to the head. Poodels meet and with classical ears - care for them is no different from the usual|
|Representatives of the rocks became famous for their ears, curved on ninety degrees and directed outwards. When cleaning the ears of Kerlov, it is important not to damage the fragile cartilage, in connection with which their ears are forbidden to straighten or pull|
|The ears of the representatives of the breed really come to the elven - expanding at the base and tapering to the end, they are smoothly bend back, forming an arc. Ear hygiene requires a soft handling of cartilage, which can be deformed under the Natius of the host|
|Bullefues are a sum of several breeds at once, such as Machcin, Sphinx, American Curl. Sophisticated pedigree presented to representatives of the breed unique appearance and uniquely complex care for the ears inherited all the mutations of the "ancestors"|
How to clean the ears of the cat at home and what can be cleaned
In order for your prehension and fluffy family friend to be healthy, it is necessary to take care of him, which includes many aspects: feeding, caring for wool, teeth, ears. It happens that the owner asks a question: is it necessary to clean the ears of cats? As you know, the cat is a clean animal, watching her habits, you can see how it makes hygienic procedures - wash and clean the ears. But sometimes a pet may need to help the owner.
How to clean the ears of the cat at home
If the cat shakes his head or the paw constantly scratches in the ear, perhaps it interferes with her. Take the animal on your arms, stick it, carefully look inside the ear shell.
If the auditory pass is clean - fine, nothing is needed to do, but if you notice the dirt of black or brown, it is most likely that it is a sulfur ride or ear tick - then proceed to cleaning. To properly clean your ears of the cat, follow the simple rules:
- Take several cotton swab (disks). Do not use your cotton swab over once, this is the consumable material. 1 Cleaning - 1 tampon. Remember it!
- Put the cat near yourself or hold on your knees, hanged by the withers with one hand. Fucking animals to avoid scratches, it is necessary to wrap in the plaid and fix the paws.
- Dry tampon should be wiped the surface of the ear of the cat in. If it is not badly contaminated, it is quite enough. Or you can put a special gel for cleaning or moisten the cotton lotion. This will help soften the sediment and at the same time to take care of the skin.
- Some of the means (boric acid) can be buried inside to remove traffic jams. But you need to carefully read the instructions and take into account the testimony and contraindications for the drug.
- If you have chosen cotton wands to clean the ear, you need to observe special care! It is necessary to act very carefully. The wand is not recommended to insert deep into the auditory pass. If the cat is scared and starts to break, then the likelihood of damage to the eardrum, which will lead to deafness.
Is it necessary to brush the ears of cats and how often
It is recommended to regularly check the ears of the pet and clean them if necessary. Even if you think you know how to clean your ears with your favorite, you need to comply with the precautionary rules in this procedure, so as not to cause pain and not damage the auditory channel.
Only at first glance the procedure seems simple. Cats have a peculiar structure of the oars, and if the animal is frightening, it will complicate the conduct of manipulations. Nevertheless, you need to be patient, prepare a pet for a regular examination and, if you need, cleaning the ears.
On average, it is necessary to clean the ears every 2-3 months.
Cats of expensive rocks that participate in exhibitions, in any case, do not cost without constant cleaning of the ears - after all, they should look flawlessly, dirty ears are unacceptable.
It is noted that the short-circuit breeds of cats (root, Sphinx), ear sulfur is produced and accumulated at a greater speed than long-haired fellows, so they need frequent care.
How often do you need to clean the ears of Volotoim kittens? Experts believe that the Scottish cats, Levko, the British cat, the cleaning of the ears must be made more often than right. The anatomy of their ears is such that they are most susceptible to ease diseases, so they must be checked regularly and if it is necessary to clean.
What to clean the ears of the cat at home
Veterinarians do not advise to clean the ears of cats apply the funds assigned to man. If we rinse the ears of hydrogen peroxide, you can get a chemical skin burn, and the soap solution is able to cut the skin.
Even a random penetration into the hearing aid of a liquid, not intended for the cat - can lead to inflammation and other complications at the pet. It is necessary to consult with the veterinarian and clarify how it is properly and what to clean the ears of the cat and buy a special preparation.
Own tick or otitis - what to do
The ear tick is a parasitic organism living in a rumor passage and feeding epithelium cells. Since its sizes are very small, it is impossible to see it with a naked eye, but the waste of its livelihoods are visible in the form of dirty dark brown flakes.
Signs of infection:
- Animals begin to behave restlessly: shaking their heads, try to scratch their ear, sometimes scratching blood, rub on the furniture;
- From the ears there is an unpleasant smell, and dark crusts appear;
- The owners notice that the cat began to hear badly.
If one or more data data is found, look into the ears of the kitten if there are mites - then it is necessary to get rid of them with medicines assigned to veterinarian, an efficient and affordable cleaning agent among them - "Bars".
It is known that this drug is a little plump skin, but treatment in any case should be started.
How to clean the cat's ears when tick detection, you can find out the video, preferably from the site of the veterinary clinic.
So your actions:
- Wrap the cat in a blanket or a large towel, put yourself on your knees, intend, calm the animal and carefully remove the ears of the sink, fix the pet and especially its paws.
- Cotton swab, moistened with water or lotion, wipe the surface of the ear inside. Take a cotton wand and walk along the bends of the ear shell, not at the auditory passage.
- On a cotton swab and chopsticks there will be dark brown raids and crusts - replace them as needed to clean.
- When the tax is removed, it is necessary to start cleaning the ears of the tick. To do this, take a cotton wand, dry into a means for processing ("Bars") and carefully wipe the auditory passage, not a wand too deeply. It is necessary to make a procedure for cleaning the ears every day while the animal will not cure, about 1-2 weeks.
The drug must be buried inside the ear shell every 4 days - no more often. At the same time, to ensure that the cat is not shaking his head in order to avoid pouring medication.
⇒ We also recommend reading our article fully dedicated to the aforementioned problem: Cat's ear tick: symptoms than to treat at home, photos. ⇐
Otitis in cats
If you have noticed that your favorite presses the ears, the calculation of them and mowing them is complaints, and at the same time he leaves him from there, then most likely the cause of such behavior is otitis (infectious disease).
It is necessary to immediately apply to the vetclinite for the appointment of appropriate treatment.
When otitis engage in self-medication at home - it is unacceptable!
Otherwise, you can bring purulent content further into the auditory hole, where it from the middle ear can reach internal, and from there to get on the brain shells, and this is very dangerous.
Clean the ears in the veterinary clinic
The list of services provided by veterinary clinics includes a hygienic procedure - cleaning the ears.
Veterinarians believe that at least once every two weeks to carry out a professional inspection of the animal so that in the event of a detection of any disease, to give animal timely qualified assistance and prevent complications.
How much is worth cleaning the ears of the cat in the vet. The clinic depends on the incidence of the case and from the pricing policy of the institutions themselves.
A loving good owner takes care of his home pet, regularly monitors his health and, if necessary, always refer to qualified help in the veterinary clinic.
Clean the ears of the house will not work independently, however, it is necessary to prepare in advance and adhere to several rules. First you need to prepare objects for further action (cotton disks, lotions). After fixing the animal, treat with solution and remove all dirt. It is also important to regularly conduct a pet inspection.
Why cleaning ears need cats
Cat hearing is important, as it helps him to hunt, navigate the space and determine the distances to the source of noise. The sulfur stands out to protect the ears of the dirt, dust from entering them. In the absence of regular hygiene plugs are formed.
Soased corks are the cause of deafness or otitis. And because of the pressure on the eardrum, the cat suffers from constant vomiting and nausea. Other complications are also possible.
How often spend
The following factors affect the frequency of processing of the ears:
- The breed of pets - the sulfur is sharply produced by cats with big ears (Savannah, Somalia) and bald cats (Canadian Sphinx, Peterboldo)
- health status;
- Feature of metabolism.
Signs of cleaning need
It is possible to understand that the pet requires cleaning the ears after inspection. For this, the ear carefully turn inside out and examine it.
It should be borne in mind that it may not like the cat, so you need to teach the procedure from small age.
If there is a lot of dirt in the ears, they just need to be cleaned. But in some cases it is better not to engage in self-medication, but immediately turn to the veterinarian:
- Black raid. He can talk about the defeat by the abnormal tick, and also be a sign of otitis or other serious diseases. In the absence of treatment, the likelihood of deafness is large. After diagnosis, the doctor will write ear drops depending on the form. Processing should be done every day.
- Ultipical education. Consultation is necessary to determine the diagnosis. Most often, the course of treatment lasts from 15 to 20 days, then a repeated inspection of a specialist is necessary.
Other readings for the cleaning of the ears:
- A large number of sulfur. The cleaning of the ears is carried out as it accumulates, the frequency depends on the individual characteristics of the cat and the breed.
- Exhibition. When visiting various contests, the cat must be clean, since the judges pay attention to such moments.
- No wool. There is a risk of multiplication of pathogenic microflora, as there is no natural barrier protecting from dirt. Characteristic for bald cats.
- After bathing. Remove the residues of moisture from the ear shell, it helps prevent otitis development.
Preparation of animal
If the cat is just dirty ears, contact the veterinary clinic is not necessary.
You can clean the cleaning at home, but you need to prepare:
- cut the claws;
- Buy treat;
- Do not clean the cat, do not commit sharp movements, not to raise the voice;
- Wrap an animal in plaid or towel.
What to use during cleaning
All items to clean the ears need to be prepared in advance:
- Cotton buds. Factory products are used with limiters.
- Cotton discs.
- Special lotions. You can find in veterinary pharmacies (Beaphar, Excel Ear Cleansing). In the absence of special solutions, it is washed with chlorhexidine, mormistine, hydrogen peroxide. Often, oil is used to remove sulfur plugs, but it is better not to apply from this tool.
- Lantern. For a better review, you can use a headset so that both hands are free.
- Towel or sheets. Not all cats calmly carry such procedures, begin to break out and do not allow cleaning, they are usually fixed additionally.
Selecting the processing tools is carefully, for example, when using frontlane, which includes alcohol, cats often flow drools.
How to clean your ears
Processing must be consistent and correct:
- In order not to injure the pet and not get scratches, it is fixed. To do this, use sheets, plaid. They wrap limbs and animal body except head.
- Then carefully turn the ears out and examine the presence of contaminants. In their absence, the cat is released.
- When small dirty sections are found, they are wiped with a dry cotton disk.
- If there are many plates, the ears are treated with a special lotion. Move from the inside to the outside so that the dirt does not remain in the ear canal. If necessary, dirty cotton swabs are replaced with clean, as long as the entire surface is cleaned.
- Then with cotton chopsticks moistened in special use, carefully process bends and folds. It is not recommended to deeply enter them, as you can damage the eardrum.
- When sulfur traffic jams are detected, special ear drops (otifri) are used, which help to twist them. When injected with an animal's ear, so that the remedy fell into the passage and evenly distributed.
- After completion of the procedure, the cat is released and prases. Give a treat that improves the mood of the pet.
Mr. Cat warns: Caution, ear tick
An ear mite is a microscopic segment-legged parasite that dwells in the ears, in the diet of which the cells of the epithelium are included. Determined on a dark brown raid on the inner surface of the ear. As well as on the following signs:
- The cat behaves not as usual, worried, often shakes his head, combing ears to blood, rub about furniture.
- An unpleasant smell comes from an animal ears, dark crusts are formed.
- The cat falls the rumor, it does not immediately react to the call.
If dark spots are found throughout the inner surface, they should be processed by their lotion with silver ions (Cliny, Veda), which will remove the flare. Then stop the special tool (zips, decor-2, otidez, leopard). The procedure is carried out according to the instructions for the preparation until complete cure (2-3 weeks).
The most frequent ears problems
In addition to the ear tick, pets often face with other diseases that require treatment, and in the absence of therapy lead to serious complications.
Otitis is a disease at which the hearing pass is struck by bacteria or yeast.
It is characterized by the following symptoms:
- From the ears you can observe purulent discharge with an unpleasant odor;
- The cat shakes his head intensively;
- mucous ears blush and swell;
- A pet constantly scratches himself and meow.
Therapy is appointed by a veterinarian after inspection. Self-medication can cause complications and lead to an inflammatory process or deafness.
Food due to breaks of blood vessels.
Causes - the cat often shakes his head or scratches ears. It is possible to determine them in small burgundy spots between the ears and skin.
Albinos, bald cats and pets with white ears are subject to this disease. It is possible to determine the solar dermatitis in redness of the skin and losing the wool along the edges.
If you do not take action, then because of the itching cat or a cat can comb your ears and make an infection. There is a risk of tumor appearance.
PlateLock carcalete cancer
This neoplasm is a consequence of solar dermatitis. Amazes various areas of the skin, but more often develops on feline ears. The main feature includes red spots, seals and wool loss. Ulcers can be observed, which do not heal for a long time.
Due to the supercooling, there is a risk that the tissues of the ear will destroy. It is possible to determine it by changing the color of the skin, first it loses color, and after red. In the last stage, the drawback and begins to peel.
Restless behavior cause otitis, ears, fleas or allergies. Only the prescribed reason will help solve the problem.
To set an accurate diagnosis and correctly prescribed treatment, it is necessary to consult with a specialist.
What can not do
When processing the ears should not:
- do sharp moves;
- Immerse your cotton wand deeper than 1 cm;
- Fill lotions or solutions immediately in the ear;
- Clean from the outer part of the ear to the inner.
Special approach to kittens
The scheme for the treatment of ears kittens, sphinxes and lopohythim does not differ from the above-described method. However, the ears should be handled with caution and do not use aggressive tools. Due to the fragility of kittens, the procedure is better to entrust the professional to not harm.
Create a cat's ears properly - science, as practice shows, not good, but mandatory. Fluffy "locators" often get small attention of the owners - and in vain. There are terrible diseases, spent nerves, lively pets behind the inattentive attitude. It is necessary to take the rule carefully follow the health of the pet and do not forget about the easter hygiene.
1. The need for cleaning
- Prevention and treatment of diseases
- frequency of procedure
2. Cleaning tools
- for diseases
- in hygienic purposes
3. How is the procedure
- Algorithm of action
- how to clean your ears kitten
- What can not do
4. Features of the care of lop cats
5. Prevention and regularity of inspections
The need for cleaning
Do I need to clean the ears of cats and why? The auditory apparatus has a very complex structure, hence so many practical issues.
Like other mammals, cats have glands that produce special secretion - sulfur. This is a natural process required to protect the average ear from dust, foreign particles and harmful microorganisms. Naturally, sulfur comes out during the chewing of food, and the animal itself removes her surplus during washing.
The process does not always go smoothly, and some individuals require the help of the owner.
Often, no advanced secretion accumulates, forming sulfur tubes leading to a deterioration of hearing. Turning pressure on the eardrum, the cork provokes unpleasant sensations in the form of pain, nausea, dizziness.
It should be remembered that the auditory pass, in addition to the perception of sound, performs another function - is responsible for the position of the body in space and the ability to hold balance. In other words, it is closely connected with the vestibular apparatus, therefore, not carried out in time cleaning can lead to deterioration of coordination.
Hygienic cleaning is performed if necessary - if the owner of the animal notices the accumulation of sulfur in the ear shell. Weekly usho need to inspect: if there is a dark or yellowish flare, it is neatly removed, without climbing deeply.
Prevention and treatment of diseases
The first inspections must be started from an early age, trying to teach the kitten to the procedure, since it must be done constantly. If it is not regularly inspected and cleaning, parasites can start in the auditory passage - sulfur is a good nutrient medium for the ear tick.
Anxious call can be considered the increased attention of the four-way to its "locators". An animal begins to constantly hide, trying to get something out of the auditory pass, or shake his head. If you are watching such symptoms, immediately show the neat friend to the veterinary doctor.
In the treatment of ear diseases, it is necessary to produce 1-2 times a day with special means. The veterinarian will assign the procedure mode in accordance with the detected pathology.
Frequency of procedure
The amount of sulfur produced is affected by many factors: breed, diet, activity, environment. Since the feline "Locator" is very sensitive to touch, too frequent intervention can cause unpleasant associations. Therefore, the owners are worried about how often the cat's ears often do not harm and miss the beginning of the disease?
There is no consensus among veterinarians. A lot depends on the breed of a pet - for example, miserable cats do not have hairs in the sinks, so they produce an excess amount of sulfur for better protection.
In close attention you need and lop rocks - their auditory passage is covered, and therefore ventilation is difficult. Also, the increased selection of sulfur is noticed in elderly animals, individuals with chronic diseases, in quotes who have surpassed by the ears.
Accordingly, for such pets, the inspection is made every two or three days, and cleaning every three or four days. For other breeds, there is enough inspection once a week. Do not confuse the inspection and cleaning - it is quite possible that your favorite interference will need only every 3-4 months.
Cat ears cleaning
There are a large amount of funds: Some are intended for prevention, others - for the treatment of diseases. The first can be bought in a retauchec or pet store, the second must be purchased in accordance with the recommendations of the veterinarian.
With serious diseases, it is better to immediately turn to the branch. Before the initial visit to the clinic, it is better not to remove the contents of the auricle, as this may make it difficult to formulate a diagnosis.
Any medicinal appointments should be done by a doctor. Incorrect, selected independently, treatment can cause antibiotic resistance from bacteria, as well as chronizing inflammatory processes.
In hygienic purposes
For ordinary cleaning, sweeters are suitable: chlorhexidine or vaseline. For more thorough cleaning, you can take advantage of veterinary pharmacies: drops and lotions. Often, the means are produced as sprays, which simplifies the process of cleaning.
How is the procedure
So how to clean the ears of the cat at home is completely simple, the owners cope with their own. If the kitty is accustomed since childhood, hygiene events are easy to spend alone. For a challenge animal, you will most likely need two people.
First you need to cook all the means and tools. Blockers and drops should be open to act as quickly as possible.
Choose a place for the event - a quiet and bright room fit. If the procedure passes in the dark day - prepare a good lamp. Install it conveniently and steadily so that the light falls on the animal.
Next to gently lock the pet. This can be done by putting it on his knees and slightly pressing him. If the favorite breaks down and keep it becomes difficult, then appropriate means will come to the rescue. You can warm the four-legged towel, configuring yourself from claws and teeth. Holding the animal head with one hand, you will be able to carry out the second hand.
Another option is the label-lock. She will release both hands of the owner and will allow you to quickly carry out any hygienic procedure.
The third option is to enlist the help of households. One person will hold and calm the kitty until the second will quickly examine and, if necessary, clean the ears.
Algorithm of action
After the past friend is immobilized and does not pose a threat to the owner, you can go to Main stages:
one. Inspect the UCHO for discharge, scratches, injuries. To do this, carefully remove it out. It is not dangerous and causing harm to the past friend.
To pay attention to:
An unpleasant smell indicates supplies or malignant formations;
Blood discharge: blood is found in dermatitis and detectosis, when the animal begins to strongly comb the affected areas, traumating the skin;
Tumor - looks like a solid knot.
2.Mix the napkin in the lotion, and then squeeze so that excessive moisture remains inside. As an option - buy veterinary napkins with impregnation.
3. Carefully hold a napkin or cotton disk on contaminated places. It is not necessary to penetrate deep into the auditory pass, as this may subsequently cause the formation of sulfur traffic jams. The entire procedure must be performed in the visibility zone. Small contamination can be removed with a cotton wand - but only outside.
four. After the procedure, praise the animal and give him a delicacy. Pet should have a positive impression - he did not hurt, and then treated. The next time he will react calmly.
There is another option of creating a cat's ears at home. This method is appropriate when a lot of dust and dark discharge accumulated:
Take drops and warm them up to comfortable (slightly above room temperature). The solution should not be cold or hot.
Drink fluid into the ear canal and carefully massage the base of the ear so that the medicine penetrates inside.
Give shake your nick to shake the surplus of the solution. The main part of the pollution will come out. If you need to remove the residues, use a cotton wand. It is important not to make circular sharp movements in order not to injure the auditory body.
Always be the most gentle with the pet, since such manipulations are stressful for them. Over time, when the cat is accustomed, everything will be perceived them much easier.
How to clean your ears kitten
How to clean your ears kitten? Just like an adult cat - to clean your ears in the kid will not be difficult. But you need to act more delicately. First, the auditory passage of kittens is smaller, which means that cotton wands will be too large. Secondly, you need to be careful with the fixation of a small pet.
For the procedure, drops are well suited, which are neatly dripped into the auditory passage and on the inner surface. After instillation, it is necessary to massage the sink within a few minutes - for better medication penetration. As in the case of adult cats, massage is better at the base.
After that, release the kitten and let him shake your head so that the medicine together with pollution came out. After wrap your kitten's head with a towel or cotton disk.
Carefully cleaned pollution from kittens should not - you risk damage to damage. If the dirt accumulated deeply, it is better to ask for help to the veterinarian.
What can not do
There are a number of actions that It is categorically impossible to perform:
In no case cannot be washing the auditory body with ordinary water. Always watch this during bathing - water should not get inside. It can provoke inflammation and suppuration, that is, otitis.
Chlorhexidine is not suitable for instillation. It must be used only for outdoor cleaning.
It is impossible to use hydrogen peroxide, soap and alcohol solutions. The funds of the "traditional medicine" can greatly harm the tasty friend: they cut the skin, kill the natural microflora and cause an allergic reaction.
While fixing the animal, always make sure that he has something to breathe. An animal must be in a comfortable position for it.
Never forget about the importance of the above-mentioned nuances. With a certain skill, you will learn to check and clean the ears to your favorite quickly and without stress for both of them.
Features of the care of lop cats
Wolter cat clean the ears as well as any other pet. The nuance is that such rocks are not capable of rinse themselves "locators" due to the unusual structure of the auricle. It will take more frequent inspection and close attention.
Act as usual. To begin with, remove the UCHO (as it should be with the correct cleaning of the cat's ears) and with the help of a flashlight highlight the hearing pass. Be careful - the cat cartilagers are very gentle. If you notice a flight and dirt, remove them like a regular cat.
After the procedure, it will have to thoroughly dry the curved UCHO, because the excess moisture can lead to the diarming and the rapid formation of disease.
Prevention and regularity of inspections
So how to clean the ears of the cat at home will have to be regularly, It is necessary to take the key the key points:
Inspection of all breeds, except for miserable and lopheh, should be held once a week; Lysikov and Volukhov - every three days;
Be careful using cotton wands;
Never use hydrogen peroxide, soap and alcohol solutions;
Kittens teach to similar manipulations from childhood;
With the slightest suspicion of the disease, refer to the veterinarian.
Observing simple rules, you not only secure a pet from stressful hiking to the vet, but you yourself will not worry about such events.
The article is informational. Contact the veterinarian!
Cats need hygiene no less than people, or maybe even more. These animals are the most clean in the world and wash not once a day. However, they are not able to clean their ears themselves and a person has to help them in this painstaking. Today we will talk about whether it is necessary to clean your ears of cats and how to do it right without harm to pet.
Why do I need to clean your ears?
Cleaning the ears is a very important hygienic procedure for animals.
Cat's ears - a hearing body that still performs the equilibrium function. Thanks to them, the cat always lands on four paws. The ears are incredibly sensitive and, in some way, determine the health and comfort of the pet.
It is necessary to clean the ear shell, so as not to develop the pathogenic microflora, the frequent "guests" of which are abnormal ticks that cause a lot of inconvenience to the pet.
In addition, corks from sulfur can be formed, which cause hearing disorders and the vestibular apparatus.
Dust falls in the ears, there are particles of dead skin and wool. Our task is to get rid of our task from all this "Good", but it is necessary to do it extremely careful.
In no case do not wash the cat's ears with ordinary water. She should not fall into the ear shell and the auditory passage of the animal. After bathing, always wipe the ears with a rat.
The structure of the auricle
Cat's ears on the structure are a little remind of human. They also have an outdoor, middle and inner ear. We will not deepen and study only what we need, namely the outdoor ear, before the eardrum.
The cartilage of the outer ear from the inside is covered with very gentle skin with a small amount of hairs, and outside - wool. Own sink, which we see smoothly goes into a channel with very thin skin, pink color. At the end of this channel there is a drummeal.
The structure of the ear shell does not allow a person to clean the ears deeply. We can only affect it with its visible part.
Ears cleaning agents
There is a wide variety of specialized solutions for cleaning the ears of the cat.
Variants of droplets
- Drops with Pine Oil "Veda Ododnin" are used with a hygienic target, as well as to restore damaged tissues and eliminate infectious diseases. Volume of the bottle: 10 ml. The average cost: 74 p.
- Drops Anandin Plus (Mediterr) contain bactericidal and anti-inflammatory components. Used to clean the ears, eliminate inflammation and itching. Volume: 5 ml. The average price: 88 p.
- Drops with propolis "Top Word Otheferonol Gold" Anti-inflammatory. Antimicrobial and acaricidal action have, launch regeneration processes. Volume of the bottle: 10 ml. The average cost: 102 p.
"Chlorhexidine" is a safe tool for cleaning the ears in cats. It does not irritate gentle skin and actively struggles with pollution.
If the drops need to be bought into the ear sink, then "chlorhexidine" is not recommended to use.
It is enough to moisten a cotton swab solution with a solution of room temperature and carefully clean the ears. For more inaccessible places, cotton sticks are used with a limiter (as for newborns).
The tool is budget. Its price begins from 10 rubles, and the volume is 100 ml.
- Lotion-spray "Fitolar" from the company "Top Vet" is a hygienic tool for cleaning the ears. Due to its unique composition, optimal humidity and skin elasticity support. Mildly dissolves sulfur, dirt and promotes its effective removal. Volume: 10 and 30 ml. Cost: 87 and 171 p.
- "Crystal Lain" has developed a hygienic lotion "Rosink" to clean the ears of animals. The tool contributes to tissue regeneration, improves cellular exchange and has an anti-inflammatory effect. Volume of the bottle: 30 ml. The average price: 190 r.
- "Excel" represents a special Lotion 8 in 1 "Ear Cleansing", which is actively struggling with pollution in the ear shell. Used to hygienic care and preventive diseases. Volume: 118 ml. The average price: 303 p.
Another safe and "soft" means in the fight against pollution and gray - "Vaseline". It is enough to lubricate the ears with a thin layer of vaseline, wait for one minute so that the contamination softening and remove the excess means and dust with a cotton swab.
Fundamental and economical: 30 g Vaseline ointment costs about 30 p.
Is there a hydrogen peroxide or soap solutions to clean your ears?
Hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, soap solutions and other means of "folk" medicine can harm the animal and their use is strictly prohibited!
Such means are called:
- drying of the ear shell;
- Education of wounds and ulcers;
- Enhanced sulfur production and the occurrence of traffic jams.
How often to clean your ears?
Healthy animals need to be cleaned about once a month. It is not worth repeating this procedure!
At this time, you can inspect the ear sink and if a large amount of sulfur accumulates in it for a shorter period, the animal shakes his head and scratches the ears, it may indicate the presence of an ear tick or other bad causes.
In this case, it is necessary to show the pet branch.
How to clean your cat ears at home?
If the contamination is a minor quantity, then it is enough to wipe the eye of the animal with a cotton disk. If a lot of dust and dark discharge, then go to "heavy artillery".
- The drug before use should not be cold or hot. It must be heated to the optimal, comfortable temperature - approximately 35 degrees.
- Cut the salmon in the ear canal and carefully massage the pet's eye, so that the medicine is evenly distributed inside. The right amount will be written on the package. If it is not, then there are 1 drops for kittens for adults - 2-3.
- Let the pet shove your head and shake out all unnecessary. The main part of the pollution will come out, in the ear shell and you will only remain assembled by her cotton disk or cotton wand with the limiter.
Do not make sharp circular movements with a cotton wand so as not to injure the pet. Movement direct outside. Only in this way you can clean the dirt from the aisle.
Depending on the breed there are different forms of ears: large and small, straight, hanging and folded. Special differences in the cleaning procedure do not have, but there are some nuances that you need to know.
- Sphinxof and Siamese breeds are large, open and not protected from dirt and dust. It is these ears that have a property of collecting a large amount of garbage and dust from the environment. It will not be difficult for such cats to clean the ears, but the number of procedures can take up to 2 times a month.
- At the Scottish and Fold Cats, the ears hang and this is a little complicated by their cleaning. If the usual cats have the condition of the ears with a naked eye, then such rocks need to conduct a special inspection. It is necessary to do it when the animal is completely relaxed. Be sure to look around and see if there are pollution and sulfur raid. Scottish and lopowem kittens clean their ears as well as ordinary, but at the same time you need to constantly "open" the ear.
About how it is correct and how often you need to clean the ears of the cat in the video below.
Take a pet for cleaning your ears since childhood and then this procedure will be calm and painless for you both. Believe carefully to your favorite, follow its common condition and behavior. Only so you can notice any changes and prevent diseases.