What is blood pressure
Arterial pressure (AD) is one of the health constants, which can be judged by the state of the body. This concept is associated with the constant work of the heart muscle, which, as a pump, injected blood into large vessels.
When passing by arteries, blood flow puts pressure on their walls. From the elasticity of the walls of the vessels and blood volume falling in them at the time of the reduction of the heart muscle, the tests depend.
Normally blood pressure in an adult - 120/80 mm. RT. Art. The first digit is the pressure at the time of the maximum reduction of the heart muscle, it is called systolic or top. The second characterizes hell with maximum relaxation of the heart is the lower or diastolic pressure.
Normal pressure indicates a sufficient level of oxygen in the blood and high elasticity of vessel walls.
Not only the work of the heart and the state of the vessels are affected by the blood pressure, they may vary under the influence of a number of factors, for example, emotional state, weather, physical exertion.
Arterial pressure needs to be constant. A immediate appeal to a doctor with a declined drop or increase will allow to identify health problems at an early stage and avoid the risks of developing serious pathologies.
Causes of low pressure
Reducing hell no more than 20 mm RT. Art. - This is a relative norm, usually these oscillations are temporary and not reflected in general well-being. About the pathology say when, for a long time, the indicators do not exceed 100/60 mm Hg. Art. This condition is called arterial hypotension and is divided into several types:
- Physiological. Low pressure at rest is often celebrated from professional athletes, in people working in harmful industries living in high-mountainous areas with a rarefied atmosphere. Also noted in living in conditions of very low or high temperatures, for example, in the extreme north or in the regions with a tropical climate. This type of hypotension is called adaptive or compensatory.
- Pathological, that is, arising against the background of systemic diseases or a decrease in physical activity. This state leads to a deterioration of blood circulation. Violation of blood pressure regulation mechanisms and the development of hypotension can occur due to hormonal imbalance, for example, with hypothyroidism or adrenal dysfunction. Hereditary predisposition also plays a big role. Another reason for a sudden reduction in blood pressure may be an acute allergic reaction - anaphylactic shock.
- Neurogenic - diagnosed mainly in adolescence, is often a consequence of brain injuries or vegetative disorders. The hypotension of this type arises against the background of disorders of the functions of the nervous system or brain circulation problems.
- Medical. The reason for a sharp decrease in blood pressure is often in an uncontrolled reception of drugs to reduce pressure or diuretic agents.
The reduced blood pressure may be a symptom of various diseases, in this case they say the secondary arterial hypotension. The decrease in pressure is typical for osteochondrosis, inflammatory infectious diseases, heart failure, stomach ulcers and a number of others.
A sharp pressure decrease can occur against the background of anaphylactic shock, strong bleeding, intoxication of the body, long dehydration. The tonometer will show low blood pressure in chronic fatigue, constant lack of sleep, depression.
Hypotension may also be a consequence of improper nutrition, when a person to lose weight quickly turns into a diet with a significant calorie deficiency. In women, pressure often drops with strong bleeding during menstruation.
Important! The choice of drugs to increase and reduce blood pressure cannot be done independently or on the advice of acquaintances. This may aggravate the situation and lead to irreversible consequences.
Understand the reasons for pressure reduction and only a doctor may appoint proper treatment after a comprehensive survey.
Low pressure symptoms
The manifestations of hypotension depend on the causes of its appearance and form of the disease. If the pressure drops due to the existing disease, then the main symptoms will be the signs of basic pathology. They will add a constant feeling of fatigue, general weakness, irritability, rapid pulse, headache, reinforced sweating.
Physiological hypotension is most often for a person by the usual state, and it may not have any discomfort.
With a sharp decrease in blood pressure, a person can lose consciousness or complain about:
- vision problems;
- doubt when walking;
- difficulty breathing.
In such a state, there is a significant pale of the skin, the scalance of the gait, a certain confusion of consciousness is possible, the inhibited speech.
Acute condition requires immediate medical care.
Important! If you have noticed a change in facial expressions, loss of orientation, strong shortness of breath or excessive excitement with signs of hallucinations, immediately call an ambulance. These symptoms are characteristic of a preinstant and pre-infrack state - in the case of them, every minute.
How to increase the pressure quickly and efficiently
Medicinal preparations for enhanced pressure appoints only a doctor. But to help a person in an acute situation and facilitate his condition with a sudden attack of hypotension and without medicines.
To drink a cup of strong fresh-hearted coffee - the best solution. Caffeine has a pronounced vesseloring effect, so it reduces the pressure well and has a tonic effect.
Impact on some biologically active points irritates nerve endings and activate the process of blood circulation. Massage has a beneficial effect on all organism systems, accelerating metabolism and toning vessels.
Important! Massage - the procedure for active impact on the body and trust it follows professionals with medical education. Improper massage technique can cause significant harm to health.
Massage can improve mood, remove spasms, get rid of head and articular pain, normalize sleep.
Power Increased Power
If the reduced pressure is not associated with internal diseases, it is easy to normalize, including some products in the diet:
- Green tea - it is well tones and improves blood circulation;
- kefir, ryazhenka, prokobvash, cottage cheese and other fermented milk products;
- Celery root, which can be added to salad or other dishes;
- Strawberry, fresh vegetables and fruits - carrots, tomatoes, pumpkin, apples;
- Beet juice.
The diet under hypotension is aimed at increasing the total tone of the body, the replenishment of the deficit of vitamins and minerals, the acceleration of metabolic processes and normalization of the water-salt balance.
The tincture of medicinal herbs is widely used to increase the pressure and the overall strengthening of the body. For safety and avoid risk of incorrect dosage, it is better to buy tinctures in the pharmacy and strictly follow the instructions on the package. And in the future it is better to consult with the doctor and choose the compositions that he recommends.
Tincture of ginseng
Ginseng root is used in medicine more than two thousand years. One of the main properties of this plant is the ability to regulate blood pressure. Depending on the dosage, the tincture of ginseng root is used and to increase, and to reduce pressure.
Reduced pressure when taking tincture occurs due to:
- increasing the general tone of the body;
- strengthening the walls of the vessels;
- improving appetite;
- normalization of emotional state;
- Accelerating metabolic processes.
Before taking a ginseng tincture, you must consult with your doctor and make sure that there are no contraindications.
This is a proven remedy for nervous disorders, problems with immune system and low arterial pressure.
It is believed that the tool increases performance and accelerates metabolism. It is prescribed with the overall exhaustion of the body, physical overloads, anemia, atherosclerosis. Biologically active substances contained in the tincture increase the tone of vessels and normalize pressure.
The dosage and duration of the course of treatment determines the doctor on the basis of the severity of the symptoms and the absence of contraindications.
Chinese lemongrass is a kind of curly Lian. The medicine uses its fruits, which include essential oils, organic acids and microelements useful for the body.
The tincture of lemongrass increases the tone of the vessels and has a general consensus effect. The remedy can be used to quickly raise the pressure and normalization of well-being.
Important! All means based on medicinal herbs can be used only as auxiliary methods of therapy. They should be taken only after agreeing with the doctor in the recommended dosage.
How to increase pressure urgently
If the pressure dropped sharply, and at hand there are no medicines, it can be rapidly raised by the following methods:
- eat something salty, for example, salty cucumber, tomato or slice of well salted saline;
- drink a lot of simple clean water;
- Raw strong coffee and drink small sips.
With repeated attacks, you need to consult a doctor or cardiologist for advice and go through a comprehensive examination.
Increased pressure without drugs
Some people do not trust traditional medicine and prefer to be treated with folk remedies. If poor well-being is associated with suddenly fallen pressure, for example, due to a sharp change of weather or long flight, you can try it without medication:
- take a contrast shower;
- eat several pieces of black chocolate;
- To drink a couple of cups of strong natural coffee - yes, coffee can really help to help.
However, if hypotension is associated with existing diseases, such express methods are better to avoid not harm the body.
Medication to increase pressure
Drugs for increasing pressure are prescribed in emergency cases or with long hypotension. The choice of drug is carried out on the basis of the nature of the disease and survey results.
Main groups of drugs to reduce pressure:
- Caffeine-based preparations are used to urgently increase pressure in critical situations. They are injected intramuscularly or intravenously ambulance or hospital doctors. Caffeine is contraindicated in violation of heart rhythm and heart failure.
- Analeptics affecting the respiratory and vascular centers of the brain.
- Glucocorticoids - increase the pressure due to the narrowing of the vessels, are used quite rare due to the large number of side effects.
- Means-adreminimetics affecting the muscles of the heart, vessels and some other drugs.
Any drug enhancements apply only to the prescription of the doctor and strictly in the dosage indicated by it.
Tips and recommendations
Arterial hypotension is a dangerous state that can be a precursor of serious problems with brainwriting and the first sign of an approaching stroke or infarction. You can increase pressure in different ways, but they must all be approved by the attending physician.
Any heart problems and vessels must be solved comprehensively, and self-health is unacceptable here. It is also not necessary to rely on populic medicine - medicinal herbs can be part of the therapeutic complex only as auxiliary means.
For normalization of pressure, stressful situations should be avoided, normally falling out, abandon the bad habits and pay attention to the right diet.
How to improve pressure for a long time
To secure success, you can make changes to your lifestyle and increase pressure for a long time. For example, you can:
- Go to a diet with an elevated salt content - but quite a bit, it is important not to go out for adequate recommendations;
- Reduce the consumption of alcoholic beverages;
- In hot weather drink more liquid;
- Ask a doctor to evaluate medicines that a person is prescribed to accept. Perhaps some of them hypotension is a side effect;
- Play sports - at least 150 minutes of physical activity per week;
- Reduced stay while standing still.
If necessary, the doctor can recommend elastic compression stockings that close the caviar and the thigh. They will help limit the influx of blood to the legs - and will preserve more blood at the top of the body.
Reduced blood pressure can be an independent disease or symptom of other systemic pathology. In any case, it is necessary to solve the problem comprehensively and under the strict control of the doctor. Ignoring attacks and rejection of treatment can lead to serious consequences.
A.V. Barsukov, A.M. Karimova, Yu.Sh. Khalimov, D.V. Glukhovskaya problem of arterial hypotension in young patients in clinical practice // Bulletin of the Russian Military Medical Academy. - 2016. - №3 (55)
We understand how dangerous reduced pressure, and whether it is necessary to "raise it" urgently.
What is reduced pressure, whether it is dangerous and how to turn it into normal - tells the readers of Women'shealth therapist and cardiologist "Dawn" Clinic Oksana Dickur.
What is it at all - reduced pressure?
Blood pressure is the force with which the blood presses on the walls of the arteries. At the moment when the heart is reduced, the pressure is highest - it is called the top, or systolic. In the interval between the heart blows, the pressure in the vessels falls - it is called the bottom, or diastolic.
Normal blood pressure is in the range of 90/60 to 120/80 mm Mercury Pillars. Numbers 90 and 120 denote systolic, and 60 and 80 - diastolic pressure. If the indicators are less than 90/60, the pressure is considered reduced. This condition is called hypotension.
Low pressure is dangerous?
Many are most often thin women - live with hypotension for years and feel great. Doctors believe that these people are lucky: they are less likely to suffer from cardiovascular diseases.
However, if the pressure suddenly falls below the usual level, unpleasant symptoms may appear:
- fuzzy vision;
- nausea or vomiting;
- The feeling of weakness.
As a rule, at a young age, the risk for health is associated not with the reduced pressure itself, but for the reasons, due to which it falls. Exclusion - fainting. "This is the most disturbing symptom, since it often leads to injuries and accidents," said Oksana Dickur, therapist, cardiologist Clinic "Dawn" . - If hypotension is accompanied by loss of consciousness, you must refer to the doctor. "
But for the elderly, the decline in blood pressure can be really dangerous. Moreover, the drop in diastolic pressure is more dangerous than the reduction of systolic.
"This may lead to a deterioration in the blood supply to the kidneys and brain, increase the risk of developing stroke and renal failure," explains Oksana Dickur.
What does hypotension occur?
If you dramatically change body position
Quickly stand up or, for example, get dramatically in bed. This is called orthostatic hypotension. When a person takes a vertical position, blood under the action of gravity rushes to the legs and the area of the abdomen, and the pressure in the vessels falls. In order to raise blood out of the legs and normalize the pressure, the vegetative nervous system of heart rate and narrows the vessels.
Healthy people do not experience unpleasant sensations, since this mechanism works very quickly. But in some cases the vegetative nervous system gives a failure. As a result, the pressure drops, the blood does not have time to climb out of the legs, the brain lacks oxygen, and symptoms of hypotension appear. This happens, for example, in pregnant women, people with some diseases like diabetes and every fifth elderly person.
Sometimes such sensations arise from healthy people, for example, because of the heat, and there is nothing terrible. But if the head is spinning every time you change the posture, you need to consult a doctor.
After eating, the blood sticks to the gastrointestinal tract, and that pressure does not fall too hard, the vegetative nervous system narrows the vessels and enhances the heart rate. However, about a third of the elderly, it does not cope with such a load. This condition is called postprandial hypotension. If this happens - you need a doctor's help.
If you grow too quickly
As it is easy to guess, the problem most often happens in children and adolescents: due to the rapid growth in the work of the vegetative nervous system there is a failure. As a result, when changing the posture or when the slope appears symptoms like dizziness and fainting. This is called a neuro-mediated hypotension. Children will usually develop the problem, and the hypotension passes by itself.
But sometimes neuro-mediated hypotension is a sign of serious neurological diseases. In this case, a person needs help a doctor.
Pressure may fall from people with dehydration, those who have suffered shock, in diabetics, patients with arrhythmia and heart failure. In this situation, doctors tend to cure or take control of the disease, which leads to hypotension.
If you take some medicines
Sometimes hypotension is a side effect of anti-tesry drugs, diuretics, painkillers or pressure pills. In order to solve the problem, a doctor, as a rule, is enough to adjust the dose of medication.
And if this is a vegan dystonia?
Vegeta dystonia is a non-existent diagnosis that is like to put on the territory of the former USSR. If the doctor is trying to write off the low pressure on the VDC, it is worth finding another specialist who will find out why you really don't really do.
How to turn down the reduced pressure into normal?
If the pressure is constantly below the norm, but you feel good, do not do anything. If you are bothering nausea, dizziness or fainting, you need to consult a doctor.
It will not be possible to understand independently: low pressure may be a symptom of a variety of diseases, and to find out the true cause, you need to pass the tests and surveys. This is very important because the treatment method depends on the diagnosis.
But there are general recommendations that should be observed in hypotension:
Give up psychoactive substances
Alcohol, tobacco and smoking mixtures, which are used, for example, in hookahs, can reduce pressure. In addition, the effects on the vessels sometimes have preparations that the patient was prescribed completely with other purposes. Therefore, if you take medicines or dietary supplements, you need to be informed about the attending physician.
Eat enough liquid and salt
In the summer, a person quickly loses water and minerals. Adequate amount of water significantly reduces the risk of hypotension.
Avoid situations that provoke hypotension
The pressure may fall due to a stress, strong stress or fright, and if you stand for a long time, sharply stand up or eat very tightly.
At the first symptoms of hypotension sit down or lie down
Get up only if it became better.
Wear compression linen
This recommendation concerns only pregnant women. Pick up the appropriate option will help the attending physician.
Perform simple exercises
With hypotension useful:
- Sit in the post "foot leg";
- strain the muscles of the hands, squeezing and sprinkling the fists;
- Work with a manual expander.
In general, the physical activity increases blood return to the heart and increases blood pressure. Therefore, regular aerobic loads and light strength training reduce the likelihood of hypotension.
Drink coffee, strong tea or cocoa
Drinks with caffeine give good, though, unfortunately, the short-term effect.
Do not self-medicate
The decision on the appointment of drugs or treatment methods should take only a doctor after a full-time consultation. However, it is worthwhile to take into account that the effectiveness of beta-adrenoblockers and steroid hormones, which in our country are often used to treat hypotension, is not currently proven.
Arterial pressure (AD) is one of the main criteria of homeostasis. That is, this indicator ensures the constancy of the internal environment of living organisms. With age, blood pressure changes us. There are cases when a person has dramatically drops sharply. Candidate of sciences, organizer of the "Club of Former Hypertensive", a specialist in the field of cardiology, a doctor with many years of experience Alexander Yuryevich Shishonin, tells the pressure of science.
Than dangerous pressure reduction
In medicine, the decrease in blood pressure is customary to be called a hypotension. This is quite dangerous, most often it arises against the background of the development of other pathologies. It is worth noting that for some people reduced pressure is the norm. In hypotonists, arterial pressure indicators are within 90/60 mm. RT. Art.
Note! At pressure below 90/60 mm. RT. Art. Due to lack of oxygen in the body, hypoxia develops, which negatively affects the functioning of all systems and organs. If at this stage a person does not provide qualified assistance, he can lose consciousness or even to go to whom.
Causes of low pressure
The etiology of hypotension is related to the following factors:
- long stay in the sun;
- chronic fatigue;
- mental or physical overwork;
- kidney disease;
- A- and hypovitaminosis;
- chronic hepatitis;
- aggravation of gastrointestinal pathologies;
- long stress;
- pitpofunction of the thyroid
- heart failure;
- Vegeta dystonia;
- visiting a bath or sauna;
- pulmonary edema;
- the presence of internal or external bleeding;
- sharp change of weather conditions;
- Uncontrolled reception of some medicines (β-adrenoblays, antibiotics, analgesics, antispasmodics, large doses of hypotensive drugs).
Get more information about this and many other aspects of health associated with arterial pressure, osteochondrosis, atherosclerosis, ask your questions to Dr. Shishonin and just talk you can, joining our community -Club former hypertones
To help a person who has fallen pressure, you need to know the signs of this state. The main ones are:
- stupid pulsating headache;
- increased irritability;
- feeling of lack of air;
- discomfort in the field of the heart;
- problems with concentration of attention;
- Cold sticky sweat;
- pre-corrupt state;
- Damage in the eyes;
- anemia of mucous membranes and skin cover;
- numbness of the limbs.
Recommendations of Dr. Shishonin
Alexander Yuryevich recommends that in every house there is always ammonious alcohol. After all, this substance reflexively improves the blood circulation process in the nasal cavity. Summer alcohol is a fairly strong toxic substance. Due to its use, a hypertensive reflex is manifested, that is, pressure rises so that the kidney can derive this substance from the body.
In cases where the pressure drops greatly, for example 80/40 mm. RT. Art., A.Yu. Shishonin recommends using cardiamine. This medicine helps well with reduced blood pressure. People of the normal physique must receive no more than 30 drops of the specified drug. For obese patients, the dose can be increased to 40 drops.
If Cardiamine is applied according to the instructions, it will never provoke the development of a hypertensive crisis, that is, this is not a dangerous drug. Doctors it is often prescribed to normalize pressure.
Note. Why fell pressure from hypertension, only an experienced specialist will be able to respond, its competence includes the appointment of treatment.
If there is neither cardiamine or ammonia, then the knowledge of the eastern healers can be used to increase pressure. Due to the impact on the reflex points, the blood pressure is normalized. To carry out this procedure, you will not need any medicines.
It is located on the Mizinza immediately behind the nearby roller at the nail root from the side of the nameless finger. With a strong squeezing of the maker, cardiac activity is activated, which leads to normalization of blood pressure.
This is a point of general stimulation. In Eastern medicine, it is also called the HE-gu point. It is located in the center of the triangle, which is located between the big and index fingers. This point must be stimulated from two sides with your fingers.
It is located between the upper lip and nose. Stimulate the specified point is needed from 10 to 15 seconds. With a slight decrease in pressure, enough and 5 seconds.
All the above methods provide 100% therapeutic result. It should also be noted that with the study of these points there is never failures.
Signs of primary hypotension are easily eliminated, so when bleeding is reduced, it is not necessary to panic. It is important to know how to lift the pressure with a sharp fall and comply with the rules for the prevention, which are reduced to the following:
- Check in the morning;
- We are in the fresh air more often;
- Take vitamins;
- Provide a healthy sleep;
- rationally fight;
- Drink enough liquid, especially in the hot season;
- Try not to be nervous;
- Control your weight;
- Make a point massage.
Even at young age it is useful to know what arterial pressure and which factors affect its indicators. Active lifestyle, proper nutrition, the refusal of smoking and drinking alcohol will help maintain blood pressure indicators normally.
ATTENTION! All materials on the site (including video and audio rollers on third-party resources) are educational and introductory character. There are contraindications. Before applying recommendations and tips from the site and from the videos, be sure to consult your doctor!
All the names of the patients used in the articles on the site are changed by ethical considerations. Any coincidences are random.
Elevated blood pressure, the problem of which everyone heard. But reduced blood pressure is also found quite often and even in people of young age. If with hypertension, everything is more or less clear, there is a clear gradation of numbers, then with hypotension, it is not possible to navigate only on the numbers. One person with a pressure of 90/60 feels perfectly, and with raising values up to 120/60 feels bad. Another person with reduced pressure feels weakness, decay of forces.
What it is
Reduced arterial pressure is considered to be numbers less than 100/60 mm Hg. Art. Sometimes it can be a physiological hypotension that does not cause degradation of well-being. Such individual features can be caused by heredity, the physique of a person. There are still residents of high-mountainous regions, tropics, athletes. He learns about this man usually accidentally and has no complaints 1.
If reduced pressure is accompanied by symptoms of malaise, you can talk about pathology. Often episodes of reduced pressure begin in childhood and adolescence as manifestations of neurocirculatory dystonia. Then they become regular and can go to chronic arterial hypotension 2.
If arterial hypotension is a consequence of other diseases, it is necessary to conduct treatment aimed at these problems. What can cause pressure reduction:
- chronic diarrhea;
- pronounced varicose disease, which leads to a delay in a large amount of blood in the lower limbs;
- consequences of diuretic, antihypertensive preparations, barbiturates, antidepressants;
- adrenal insufficiency;
- gastritis, ulcerative disease;
- liver and biliary diseases;
- heart diseases.
There are many reasons, therefore, to establish the correct diagnosis, a medical examination and examination is required.
Sometimes such an unusual combination of hypotension is revealed in a vertical position with hypertension in the lying position. Since the pressure is usually measured in the sitting position, then the hypertension can not be identified immediately.
To establish the correct diagnosis requires a medical examination and examination.
Symptoms of hypotension
The emerging symptoms are usually caused by the lack of blood supply to the brain and heart. Here are typical manifestations 1:
- dizziness, equilibrium disorders;
- pronounced weakness;
- worsening memory;
- reduced performance;
- The intolerance of bright light, sharp sounds, stuffiness.
The deterioration of well-being is accompanied by pain in the heart, rapid or slow heartbeat, rhythm disorders.
As soon as such a person gets up in the morning from the bed, he begins to walk, it gets worse because of an even greater pressure reduction, so I want to lie back. Additional symptoms:
- cooling and disruption of the sensitivity of the limbs (fingers);
- Symptoms are exacerbated against the background of fatigue, stress, lack of sleep, acute infections and exacerbation of any chronic diseases.
Hypotonic crisis and fainting
Hypotonic crises may develop, their numbers for each and are determined by the compensatory capabilities of the body. Symptoms of the hypotonic crisis are considered a sharp headache, nausea, sometimes vomiting, darkening in the eyes, pronounced weakness. Additional triggers can serve as stress, fright, overheating, in a stuffy room. In the vertical position of the symptoms are enhanced. If it is impossible to occupy a horizontal position, fainting may happen.
How to lift pressure
Oddly enough, but drinking coffee and tea in the morning and is not recommended, but it is better to exclude at all. The desire to get in the morning "the charge of cheerfulness" in the habit, and then turns into doping and requires a constant increase in the dose 1.
Moderate loads with a smooth increase in duration have a positive effect. For example, walking, exercise bike, quiet run, skiing, swimming.
Static loads with forced pose (work at a computer), with an inclination of the head, lifting weight lifting is better to avoid. If it is impossible to alternate them with motor activity.
In the morning it is necessary to learn to slowly get up to not cause pressure drops. Also can help Compression knitwear on feet. It will reduce the amount of blood in the lines of the lower limbs. For training it is a dream with a raised head end of the bed.
It is better to avoid static loads with forced pose
- Wasten with warm water with a gradual decrease in temperature to 10-15 * s.
- Shower Charcot / Rain / Circular.
- Turkish, carbon dioxide, mineral baths.
- Other tonic impacts .
It is most convenient to receive a complex of procedures with spa treatment. This allows you to distract from stress in ordinary life, normalize sleep, power mode. Walking, a good emotional background will make an important contribution to the recovery process.
For the normalization of the tone, adaptogens can be received by courses. 1:
If arterial hypotension is a consequence of other diseases, it is necessary to conduct treatment aimed at these problems.
With adrenal insufficiency, life replacement therapy may be assigned. Depending on the type of violations, use:
A special case and complexity for a doctor and patient represents a combination of arterial hypotension with hypertension. Since treatment methods are radically opposite, then choose the faithful method of treatment is not easy.
In any case, the prescription and the correction of treatment should make a doctor. At the same time, without the efforts of the patient's success in treatment, do not achieve.
- E.V. Kudina, I.I. Rachiek, V.N. Larina arterial hypotension: diagnosis, non-drug and drug treatment methods // Therapeutic case number 2 2015
- HER. Ryazantseva, A.V. Melekhov, G.E. GENDLENTING HYPERIAL Hypertension and orthostatic hypotension: clinical dilemma // Atmosphere. Cardiology News №2 2014
Publication date: 09/23/2019
Low pressure is a common deviation in the work of the body, which is often found not only in adults, but also in adolescents. Take pills It is not always possible: maybe not to be a tonometer at hand to find out to accurately find out the point in the pressure, moreover, with minor deviations, it is better to eat the right products or a drink that will help you make medicines with side effects. It is important on time and quickly increase the pressure, the more it is easy even at home.
Why pressure decreases
The cause of low pressure becomes genetic predisposition, as well as taking drugs with a similar side effect: in these cases, the deterioration of well-being is expected. For a healthy person, a sharp decline in pressure can be a surprise, so it is important to know the factors that can provoke changes:
- Overwork: physical or mental, because of this, even adolescents are faced with the problem;
- depression, stress;
- heart failure;
- change of weather, the reaction to the heat;
Main Low Pressure Symptoms
If there is a tonometer, it is better to use them to determine the state. In the journey, the road or at work is not always possible to know the instrument readings, so you can define the hypotension on the following features:
- weakness, passivity, apathy;
- drowsiness, the desire to relax;
- scattered, difficulties of perception of what is happening around, the inhibited reaction;
- pale skin;
- Dizziness, pain in the head, easy nausea is possible.
Poor well-being can not be ignored: the pressure must be raised. In addition to weakness and reduce performance, risk of injuries as a result of dizziness increases. The disease affects the work of the body: there are failures in the functioning of the heart and the lack of oxygen entering the brain.
Best ways to quickly raise the pressure of the house
If it is not possible to use a tonometer, it is better not to risk, engaged in self-medication with medication. Even with a constantly high pressure, the likelihood of a low blood pressure advent in humans is large: in such a situation, the adopted tablet will further aggravate the state and lead to the need to appeal to ambulance. We offer effective ways to increase pressure at home without risk to health that work quickly and very effectively.
We treat delicious drinks
Treatment may not only be useful, but also pleasant. These few drinks will not only be cheating, but also will increase hell, improving the well-being and adding forces:
- Tea is the most efficient way to cope with the ailment at home. It will be suitable not only black, but also green tea. Best of all there is a freshly dressed drink: pour one welding and add some milk to soften the taste and load on the body.
- Coffee: reality is fresh and strong. This drink is a real rescue for hypotonics.
- Cognac can be drunk not only on holidays, but in order to increase hell. It is important not to exceed the volume of more than 50 gr., Otherwise the reverse reaction will be observed in the form of an increase.
- The cola in small quantities will quickly increase hell, often to drink gastroenterologists often do not recommend, but with one-time consumption it will not harm more than the medicine, but acts effectively.
The drink will help better if you add sugar into it: it will provide the body with glucose, which will improve the overall condition of the person.
Make herbs tincture
The tincture of plant origin, but they also have contraindications and side effects indicated on the box or in the instructions. It is required to put the course for about a month to achieve the normalization of the state. Most often use the following tinctures that can be found even in their home first aid kit:
- The tincture of Eleutherokokka do not drink before bedtime. Be sure to supply the means to the course, otherwise the negative effect is possible in the form of insomnia.
- The ginseng tincture perfectly increases blood pressure, and if a person was mistaken with a diagnosis, and he and so high pressure, then ginseng will not harm: it normalizes any deviations.
- Chinese lemongrass is actively used to restore well-being.
What to eat to raise hell
Proper nutrition and compliance with its regime will reduce the risk of the disease: it is impossible to pass breakfasts and stick to the too strict diet. The correctly selected menu is able to significantly reduce the risks, besides the tincture, like the medicine, you can not always find at home, but everyone has products from the list below:
- Salt is able to cope with the problem: it is enough to put a pinch under the tongue and dissipate. It is not necessary to abuse this method, because the surplus of salt leads to edema and fluid delay in the body.
- Cinnamon normalizes the state regardless of the deviations of the testimony of the tonometer from the norm, so this spice is universally suitable for hypertensive and hypotonics. A teaspoon must be pouring a glass of boiling water, and in about an hour add a spoonful of honey.
- Chocolate acts like coffee. It will be suitable only a real, dark grade without additional impurities.
- Eggs, dairy products, cheese, fish: All these properly cooked products will help to cope with malaise, and if you enter them into a daily diet, then the deterioration of the state will become rare.
We complement the treatment of massage
Massage, as well as self-massage is convenient to do at home: it will quickly increase the performance and normalizes the state. The point exposure must be careful and delicate, without aggressive rubbing and pressure. There are 4 main points to quickly raise blood pressure:
- central part of the nape;
- Mizinz's pad (almost its tip);
- The location where the carotid artery is located;
- Between lip and nose.
With very poor well-being, you need to move carefully, but if the symptoms are not pronounced, it will help usually squat. After a few approaches, clarity will appear in the head: the exercise accelerates blood circulation and facilitates the state. Entering squatting into daily charging, you can quickly get rid of low pressure.
After you manage to cope with malaise and increase the testimony of the tonometer, you do not need to return to the old habits that cause the disease. Walk more, do sports, sleep at least 8 hours and take a contrast shower. With frequent well-being, you do not need to get involved in the treatment of the house: Be sure to see the doctor!
leave a comment
Low pressure: Methods of normalization
Often, it is necessary to deal with some general signs of malaise, which could be associated with the disease, but the main symptoms lack. Sleepiness, reduced performance, dizziness, weakness can be rejected by weeks and months, remind of themselves from the case towards the case, will be explained by excessive loading or unloved sometimes of the year. However, their reason is usually much more prosaic, but also more dangerous - it low pressure Which doctors are called hypotension or hypotension.
What is hypotension?
Arterial hypotension or hypotension - This is the condition of the body, in which central blood pressure decreases by more than 20% compared with the norm. Since 120 mm Hg is considered normal arterial pressure. systolic pressure or 60 mm Hg. Middle blood pressure, then hypotension is diagnosed under the corresponding indicators - 90/60 mm Hg. Justice it should be noted that low pressure It is more correct to call an exclusively hypotension, since hypotension in medical practice calls a condition characterized by the weakening of the tone of blood vessels. However, these concepts are often identified.
The decrease in pressure leads to a deterioration of well-being, because the brain is inconsistent with oxygen and nutrients, which supplies blood flow to it. As a result, dizziness, weakness and drowsiness occurs, even fainting.
You can diagnose reduced pressure using a tonometer, and for funny confidence, a general analysis of blood and urine is prescribed, blood test for electrolytes, ECG, echo-kg, determining the level of cortisol. If it is necessary to establish the cause of the hypotension and causeing its diseases, then the patient can be directed to the radiography of the chest organs, an ultrasound or CT of the abdominal cavity, the ultrasound of the vessels of the lower extremities.
Often low pressure Diagnosed in women of 30-40 years, whose activities are associated with mental, intellectual labor. In the old age, atherosclerotic hypotension is in a frequent disease, the condition in which the vessels are so strong as atherosclerosis, and the muscles of the heart are so flaky, that the blood flows very slowly and the pressure will weaken accordingly. Another popular circumstance in which hypotension develops is a professional passion for sports. Professional athletes, ballerinas, dancers often the body goes to a certain "gentle mode", when, with constant physical superloads, the heart slows down and the pressure drops.
The body can react with low pressure on such external physical conditions as an increased humidity and high air temperature, the prolonged effect of the ionizing reaction and the high-frequency electromagnetic field, as well as the effect of allergens, which is characteristic of professional hypertension (in pharmacists, doctors, laboratory technicians, etc.). During the adaptation period to climatic conditions, differing from the usual (in highlands, plague, tropics), the development of temporary physiological hypotension is likely.
Causes of low pressure
Low pressure is sometimes characterized by idiopathic character, that is, it happens spontaneously and unfortunately. Frequent manifestations of hypotension for incomprehensible for patient reasons should be a reason for the examination, because the cause of the development of deviation in any case lies in the abnormal functioning of a particular organ or system. The dysfunction factor may be the most ordinary condition for the patient.
Among the main factors, hypotension can be allocated:
- excessive physical superloads;
- Low physical activity, hypodynamia - a decrease in the volume of muscular activity among other things determines the weak function of the heart;
- adaptation to unusual climatic conditions (highlands, tropics, subtropics, plague);
- Hypovolemic shock, that is, a sharp decrease in the volume of circulating blood (most often severe injuries - blood loss, burns) determines the dehydration of the body, a sudden drop in blood pressure and oxygen deficiency;
- Reducing the tone of blood vessels (anaphylactic shock, septic shock);
- injuries of the head and spinal cord, the dislocation of the cervical vertebra C1;
- heart disease (bradycardia, heart attack, problems with heart valves) determine the probability of pressure reduction;
- diseases of the endocrine system (hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism, chronic adrenal insufficiency, hypoglycemia) may be the cause of reduced pressure;
- Critical conditions of the body - cardiac, pulmonary, renal failure, etc.;
- Vegeta dystonia is a hypotonic type of somatoformous vegetative heart dysfunction;
- Pregnancy - During this period, the blood circulation system in a woman is increasing in the amount, the artery tone is weakening;
- violations of psychological stability - neurosis, psychological injuries, panic disorder, chronic lack of sleep, chronic fatigue, constant stress, depression and other apathetic and depressed states;
- due to a sharp rise from the lying or sedent state (orthostatic hypotension);
- due to insufficient or defective nutrition, restrictive diets (lack of vitamin B12 and folic acid causes anemia);
- Due to the imbalance in the ratio of the number of hours of rest and labor.
- Heavy allergic reactions (anaphylaxis) can cause problems with breathing, urticaria, itching, larynx swelling and a drop in blood pressure.
Low pressure symptoms
The clinical picture of the arterial hypotension is very diverse on the one hand and is very individual with the second. In other words, low pressure It is manifested by many symptoms in different combination of them, and deviations proceeds in different ways in various people and in different life periods in the same patient.
Reducing blood pressure is also characteristic of those receiving some categories of drugs:
- Diuretics (or diuretic);
- alpha adrenoblocators;
- beta adrenoblocators;
- Some types of drugs for treating depression (tricyclic antidepressants);
- Sildenafil (Viagra), especially in combination with nitroglycerin.
The person suffering a hypotension is a lot of disadvantages, individually characteristic temporary weakness or fatigue, but it is experiencing them constantly, with some changes.
Low pressure symptoms are a variety of combination of below:
- general weakness;
- worsening memory;
- shortness of breath and shortage of air already with minimal physical exertion;
- Head, pain, dizziness;
- semi-resistant and fainting states;
- emotional instability;
- sweating palms and stop;
- Disorders of thermoregulation, in the morning the body temperature can be reduced to 36 ° C;
- Sometimes a decrease in appetite, nausea;
- sometimes belching, heartburn, meteorism;
- Men may have a reduction in potency, and in women - the menstrual cycle;
- Non-permanent pain in the joints and muscles due to the weak supply of their blood supply.
Such symptoms in many respects repeats the clinical picture of the vegetative dystonia ("Vegeta dystonia (ICC) on the hypotonic type"), the diagnosis of which is often established with complaints to the doctor. Each separately symptom does not bear tangible harm to the patient, however, they are considerably significantly reflected on the quality of life.
Classification of arterial hypotension
Arterial hypotension on provoking the factors and segments of the manifestations of symptoms is divided by doctors for several varieties.
Acute symptomatic hypotension
A sharp drop in pressure, for example, with myocardial infarction, pulmonary artery thromboembolism, severe forms of arrhythmia, strong blood loss and allergic reactions. Requires urgent help.
Chronic (or physiological) hypotension
Blood pressure at 90/60 mm Hg, which can be diagnosed in any - young people are more susceptible to hypotension than older people, however, for the latter reduced pressure can cause a stroke. This level of pressure may not cause significant discomfort and be their individual norm.
Primary (or idiopathic) hypotension
An independent disease that develops against the background of long-term emotional overvoltage or stress, as a result of which such a form of a negros-like disease of the brain vascular centers is implemented.
Develops against the background of other diseases or due to the reception of some medicines. The hypotension is usually accompanied by osteochondrosis of the cervical spine, ulcer of the stomach, anemia, hepatitis, pancreatitis, cystitis, tuberculosis, rheumatism, arrhythmia, diabetes mellitus, diseases of the endocrine system or respiratory organs, oncological diseases, shocks, brain injuries, liver cirrhosis, mental injuries, circulatory disorders, heart failure, alcoholism and other types of intoxication, starvation and exhausting diets, hypovitaminosis E, C and group V.
Professional hypotension (including training)
Reduced pressure due to professional factors, for example, permanent work deep underground or, on the contrary, at high altitude, work with potential allergen substances (for example, doctors, laboratory technicians, employees of chemical enterprises). This category can be attributed to professional athletes who have a decrease in pressure becomes a safety measure from the body in response to permanent and excessive physical exertion. Such circumstances do not lead to disabilities, but the change of profession is best reflected in well-being.
It develops with a sharp change of climatic or weather conditions, because the level of pressure is influenced by increased humidity, radiation of electromagnetic fields, radiation, etc.
It is necessary to take therapeutic procedures only at the first manifestations of the hypotension, since in the first stages it is easier to eliminate the negative effect of low pressure on the body as a whole. As part of the treatment, it is not necessary to experiment and rely on your knowledge, it is important to consult a doctor who will prompt an effective scheme after a detailed examination in each case. Treatment Low pressure Rarely begin with pharmaceutical preparations. To eliminate the problem, it can be enough to change the lifestyle itself. If it does not help, folk remedies, and pharmaceutical preparations, and even a spa rest are recommended for a patient.
What kind of adjustments in lifetime can stabilize blood pressure? Much depends on the causes of hypotension, individual qualities of the patient and symptoms of the disease in each particular case. Consider some circumstances.
Ways to adjust the lifestyle
Low physical activity
It is important to choose an adequate physical activity. Helping can swimming, running, skiing, aerobics.
It is important to normalize the mode (with alternating mental and physical exertion) and allow yourself a full sleep (8-10 hours). It is a dream that is the main synchronizer of biorhythms in the body, stimulants of the functional activity of the cardiovascular system, parasympathetic and sympathetic departments of the autonomic nervous system.
The best solution to the problem is to translate to another job.
Attribute the normalization of the state may, for example, hardening - daily druising, wipeing, contrasting shower, which has a tonic effect on the recipe apparatus of the skin, vascular tone and on the immune system.
The presence of the underlying disease
Obviously, all efforts should be sent to the treatment of the underlying disease, which will later lead to normalization of pressure.
Reception of plant stimulants, adaptogens of natural origin, which improve the tone of vessels and blood pressure (for example, the tincture of Eleutherococcus, ginseng, lemongrass, aralia). From medication to people suffering from reduced pressure, novotropic drugs are prescribed, cerebroprotectors, antioxidants, antidepressants.
Reception of medicines
Reception of any medicines must be coordinated with a doctor and evaluate the prospect of developing side effects. If one of those becomes hypotension, the drug must be replaced, or reduce its dosage, but under the control of a specialist.
Compliance with some rules in nutrition - increased use of potassium (potatoes, eggplants, cabbage, apricots, prunes) and calcium with vitamin D3. It is important to eat at least 4 times a day.
Professional sports activities
Before burning a child in a sports section, visit the children's cardiologist. Especially greater load on the heart is given hockey, figure skating and football.
Therapeutic effect can have a massage, needleflexotherapy. The most effective in the arterial hypotension therapeutic massage of the cerheth-collar zone, calf muscles, hands.
Changing the lifestyle in accordance with the above informed information is primary, but it is possible to combine preventive measures in any way, even adhering to them all at the same time.
Pharmaceutical preparations for low pressure normalization
As mentioned earlier, faces with Low pressure It will be absolutely relevant to plant stimulants, the so-called adaptogens of natural origin are tinctures, decoctions and pills based on Eleutherococcus, ginseng, lemongrass, aralia, hawthorn. They improve the tone of vessels and normalize blood pressure. However, may be unpleasant to people with increased sensitivity to such components.
From drugs, people suffering from reduced pressure are prescribed nootropic drugs, cerebroprotectors, antioxidants, antidepressants, whose specific names defines only the attending physician.
Among other things, the drugs can be:
- Citrate - with head, menstrual, articular pains;
- Ortoh Taurine - with vegetative dystonia, increased fatigue, premenstrual syndrome in women;
- Saparal - toned-proof in asthenic and depressive states, neurasthenia, hypotension, as well as for the prevention of mental and physical overwork;
- Nootropyl (piracetam) - with dizziness, violations of attention, the need to stabilize intellectual and emotional processes;
- Glycine - to improve metabolic processes in brain tissues, helps reduce depression, irritability, sleep normalization.
Folk remedies for low pressure normalization
In parallel with the pharmaceutical preparations of the patient, people can take people to stabilize the pressure, but certainly coordinated by the attending physician. Among popular and efficient recipes are as follows:
- Lemongrass - 15 g of dry berries crush, pour boiling water (300 ml) and peak on low heat for 15 minutes, not allowing boiling; cool, strain; take three times a day of 1 tbsp.;
- Lingonberry - squeeze 1½ cup of juice from fresh berries, take into three receptions daily;
- Celery - squeeze the juice from the leaves, take 1 tbsp. three times a day;
- Lemon - 3 Lemon Skip through the meat grinder, put in a 2-liter jar, add ½ l of cold boiled water and remove into the refrigerator; after 1.5 days, add 250 gr. liquid bee honey, mix and re-put in a refrigerator for 1.5 days; Take three times a day at 50 gr. half an hour before meals;
- St. John's wort, Nather, Pijm, Ephedra, Lemongrass, Tataknik - to join dry herbs in equal proportions; 1 tbsp. the resulting mixture of brew ½ l boiling water, insist 45 minutes, strain; Take 1 tbsp. Three times a day after meals;
When you need to increase the pressure and what methods do it?
Reduced pressure is one of the options for the individual characteristics of the body. Hypotoniki make up more than 15% of the healthy population. Low indicators without subjective complaints and signs of violations do not require correction.
Effective pressure that provides normal kidney operation - 70 mm RT. Art., A more pronounced decline in indicators leads to violations.
Most people on the question: "How to increase heart pressure?" They will answer: "caffeine", which belongs to the group of stimulants of the central nervous system. The substance blocks adenosine receptors in neurons, which leads to elevated secretion of acetylcholine (AC), norepinephrine, dopamine, serotonin and psychostimulating acids.
High caffeine products:
- Dark chocolate (from cocoa beans);
- natural custard coffee;
- green tea;
- "Coca Cola";
Patients who feel headaches, discomfort for the sternum, with attacks of hypotension, it is recommended to raise the indicators to the "workers" of values (differ for each person). Practice uses non-drug and pharmaceutical methods.
Ways to raise pressure:
- Contrast baths for legs. Use two water basins (in one - room temperature, in the other - cold). In each to hold the feet of 20-25 seconds, repeat 5-10 times.
- The contrast shower is a sharp change of water temperature (the frequency and duration of the "approach" as with the baths). It is recommended to complete the procedures with cold water.
- Physical exertion according to human capabilities: gymnastics, running.
- Food: Strong green or black tea, natural coffee.
In addition, to safe folk remedies for increasing pressure during situational (episodic hypotension) belong:
- ginseng root;
- Eleutherococcus root;
These substances of natural origin tone the nervous system and increase pressure, help adapt to the environment. Apply as adaptogens with general ailment, stress, anxieties, overvoltages and suffering diseases. Used in the form of alcohol extracts and tinctures.
These methods are recommended in the initial stage of therapy in order to secure the patient from the side effects of medication.
List of effective preparations
Drugs are prescribed to patients with long-term persistence of hypotension, subjective and objective signs of violations.
The list of tools for increasing pressure and their main characteristics are presented in the table:
|Medicine||Mechanism of action||Contraindications for reception||Side effects|
|"Gutron": drops, pills|
|Pantokrin (Adaptogen Group)|
|"Apilak" (derivative of beeteric milk): Tablets|
|"Citramon" ("Askofen"): Tablets|
Contains caffeine, acetylsalicylic acid and paracetamol
|Cordiamine: solution for subcutaneous, intramuscular and intravenous administration|
Use if necessary to quickly raise the indicators (within 15 minutes)
Unreleased joint reception with "aminazine", psychostimulants, drugs, sleeping pills, anticonvulsor drugs
|"Prednisolone": tablets, solution for intravenous, intramuscular administration|
The drug glucocorticosteroids
The listed drugs are categorically contraindicated at the same time take with antidepressants, alpha adrenomimetics due to the risk of hypertensive crisis, acute myocardial infarction or stroke.
The dosage mode and the duration of treatment prescribes a doctor, depending on the severity of symptoms and related pathology.
With a critical reduction (the upper values are less than 70 mm Hg. Art.) When it fails to increase the heart pressure with tablets, emergency qualified help is needed.
During emergency care for hypotension, preparations for parenteral (intravenous) administration are used:
- Meston ("Heptomyl");
- "Epinephrine" ("Adrenaline").
The means cause a pronounced vasospaistic effect, increase the strength and frequency of heart abbreviations, the tone of the arterial wall. Use is limited to resuscitation activities due to the high risk of adverse reactions and the list of contraindications.
In addition, infusion therapy is urgently prescribed (with a loss of fluid after bleeding, profuse diarrhea or vomiting).
The causes of hypotension are a set: genetic pathology, diseases of the cardiovascular, nervous or endocrine system. The selection of effective drug therapy depends on the main mechanism of violations. Used general guidelines and lifestyle recommendations (physical activity, a sufficient amount of vitamins and microelements in food) are aimed at increasing the tone of the vessels. Make functions of blood pressure using drugs allowed only after consulting a doctor due to the risk of side effects.
Author of the article: Fedyunina Vera Aleksandrovna, Cardiologist GBUC GKB 1, Orenburg